confused?!

bigfluffy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, i have just recently got a new part time job, i am working at a restaraunt and i haven't been working since december last year as i have been at university studying. I have been getting taxed quite a lot of money and need this to be sorted and need help please, i do not have a clue what they are telling me or what i have to do?! I am a student and i heard that students do not get taxed? but the hrmc lady told me they do if they earn over 144 pounds per week or they do get taxed? please help!

also i think it is because i have the wrong tax code? i rung them up and the lady said somehow i was on jobseekers, even though i had never applied for it at all (as i had a student loan) but the jobseekers never paid me any money! I honestly do not have a clue at all what to do! she said ring jobseekers and get them to send a letter or something about the allowance not being paid to me? Please somebody help me, i am so confused!

how can i get my tax code changed to one where i do not get charged so much? do students pay tax? how do i get my tax back?

it says ot x, i am not sure what that means though. I rung the hrmc lady and she said for some reason i got put onto jobseekers even though they did not send any money, so maybe that is why? what should my tax code be?

I would suggest contacting the Jobcentre and signing off and obtaining a P45 which you should give to your employer to sort out your tax code.

If you cannot get a P45, obtain a P46 from your employer or from the Tax Office, complete the P46 and give it back to your employer.

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

The claim for Job Seekers would have been closed in one of two ways, firstly if the student inconme exceede the weekly entitlement then that would have "nilled" the claim resulting in closure or when the customer failed to attend any interviews or signings the claim would have been closed as "failed to sign/attend" after the 5th working day.

The P45 should have been issued when the claim closed.

Hello, i have just recently got a new part time job, i am working at a restaraunt and i haven't been working since december last year as i have been at university studying. I have been getting taxed quite a lot of money and need this to be sorted and need help please, i do not have a clue what they are telling me or what i have to do?! I am a student and i heard that students do not get taxed? but the hrmc lady told me they do if they earn over 144 pounds per week or they do get taxed? please help!

also i think it is because i have the wrong tax code? i rung them up and the lady said somehow i was on jobseekers, even though i had never applied for it at all (as i had a student loan) but the jobseekers never paid me any money! I honestly do not have a clue at all what to do! she said ring jobseekers and get them to send a letter or something about the allowance not being paid to me? Please somebody help me, i am so confused!

how can i get my tax code changed to one where i do not get charged so much? do students pay tax? how do i get my tax back?

I would suggest contacting the Jobcentre and signing off and obtaining a P45 which you should give to your employer to sort out your tax code.

If you cannot get a P45, obtain a P46 from your employer or from the Tax Office, complete the P46 and give it back to your employer.

The claim for Job Seekers would have been closed in one of two ways, firstly if the student inconme exceede the weekly entitlement then that would have "nilled" the claim resulting in closure or when the customer failed to attend any interviews or signings the claim would have been closed as "failed to sign/attend" after the 5th working day.

The P45 should have been issued when the claim closed.

What Claim !

Unless i missed some think,How can the OP sign off,when they said they never signed on in the 1st place !1aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

I was simply stating that a claim would not be held open for that period of time so it would be pointless asking to sign off!

The OP does not really make it that clear of they ever made a claim as they stated "I never applied for it at all (as I had a student loan)" and then followed with "but the jobseekers never paid me any money".

A lot of people do make the initial claim but when they attend the office to make the new claim and are advised that they may not be entitled to due a specific reason such as this (the income from a student loan or the hours of the course are too high to claim) they decide to either withdraw the claim or allow the claim to be processed and nilled without attending again.

the comment that "but the jobseekers never paid me any money" made it sound as if the OP may have instigated but not completed a claim or may have been signing for NI credits, which is why i suggested visiting JC

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I think you'll get a rebate as soon as they have given you the correct code.

This is correct. If you have the right tax code and went over the average some weeks and under some weeks, therefore, income being low enough not to pay, you get it back at the end of the year.