style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I hope someone can advise me,

I have 2 council tax debts for this year and last,

last years is with the council

this years is with Bristow & Sutor,

they have made 1 visit and levied on my car parked outside,

I've been self employed for a few years but I've also got a job as I was struggling to make ends meet,

this car is my only form of transport and I can't do either job without this as I would be adding 5 plus hours onto my usual 10-12 hour nightshift van driving

which would make this unpractible and unsafe through lack of sleep.

I have written to B&S and the council offering a joint payment for both years and waiting reply.

If the car is removed it will make it impossible to work and leave me with no alternative than to stop work leaving me unable to pay other debts including last years ct.

I've read about the things that can't be levied and it seems to be a grey area, please advise

hi Bblue,

look at www.nationaldebtline.co.uk website, their phone number and opening hours are on there, ring them up, they are very knowledgeable, and deal with council tax issues too, and also have a booklet they would send you, it is free, and they are excellent. explain your problem with your car, etc, to them.

totiesquoties.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

Ok, so you've got a levy on your car.

So how much is the debt for? (including fees from the bailiff)

Is your vehicle on finance?

You say you are self employed, is the car registered to your buisness, and is the insurance personal or buisness use?

If the answer to any of those questions is yes then the bailiff cant take your car in theory,

unless the removal and subsquent sale of the vehicle is enough to pay the outstanding finance as well as the debt and fees accrued.

Has the bailiff been told the car belongs to you or has he seen it on your drive or been told by a neighbour its yours and posted the levy?

If its been confirmed its possible it could be passed to the anpr bailiff vans who go around looking for cars to clamp.

Have you explained your circs to the local council? If so what have they said?

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

• 2 weeks later...

he cannot levy on the car for both debts..........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...