Rossendales letter re CTAX Newcastle debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well if one of the children answered the door the bailiff cannot come in as they are under 18, if they pushed past them they would be in trouble, as a minor cannot grant them access and any levy they pretended to have would be invalid imho

Again, another fantastic piece of info I didnt know and was panicing about. See my thanks at end of last post brassnecked I'm really grateful for your help I cant thank you enough for your advice and knowledge and help !!

Just a thought Mase, have you been treated for stress, and/or alopecia attributed to stress?, you may come under the vulnerable category. in the National Association Of Enforcement Agents Guidelines 2002 might be worth a go if they get silly

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Just a thought Mase, have you been treated for stress, and/or alopecia attributed to stress?, you may come under the vulnerable category. in the National Association Of Enforcement Agents Guidelines 2002 might be worth a go if they get silly

Yes I have been treated for stress on a number of occasions - I was in a stressful job which is why I moved to current employment as alopecia was jsut ridiculous i.e. the whole back of my head had no hair and patches all over what was left. I was treat for stress and had quite a bit of time off time off work on advice of doctor but couldnt give me anything for alopecia, offered steriods injections under scalp but doctor I saw strongly advised against them due to them being extremely pain and limited success rate. I try to keep as calm as I can now otherwise I KNOW patches will reappear :-( its a really strange illness - I can go to bed with full head of hair and wake up in the morning looking like a chess board ! I have been prescribed medication for stress related illnesses other than alopecia too when I was working at my last job and was monitored by occupational health nurse at last place who were fantastic in trying to help me with stress at work and also trying to do something about my alopecia.

Then you need to inform the Council and the Bailiffs of your condition clearly places you as vunerable. If it gets as PT says "silly" you will have already brought it to their attention and you can then provide the medical evidence to support it.

It is to early yet to go into depth with the "do & don'ts","can &cannot,s" and bombard you with options open to you but do please follow the advice given earlier on getting the Council to put action on hold until you get answers to all your questions. If you do this by phone either make sure you record the call then insist that they confirm the action is suspended in writing (a simple email from them will suffice), then when Rottendales call and tell you they have not been advised of this and go ahead with insisting they have the right to enforce, you show them the letter and watch their sad little faces when they trot off with tails between their legs.

WD

WD.

You should be able to sort this, if you follow the advice on here, I would record the call also as per wonkydonkeys post they tend to have selective memory loss when asked to recall what was said on the phone (btw I advised someone to record the call yesterday, and the record the call bit was edited out by the site team) and make sure you get a good nights sleep and try not to worry.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank brassnecked. Slept a bit last night but a little worried.

No joy with council today after calling and asking them to reply to my email which was sent yesterday !!! Called again and requested the info and still nothing.

Just a quick question if a bailiff has been in a house before but with previous owner does that mean they can walk into that house again with current owner? Probably panicking now but just woke up thinking "what if previous owner has had baliffs

visit them?" been doing a little reading today so I know my rights better and it's not something that is mentioned.

Thanks again for help and hopefully I'm going to be able to get what I need from council tomorrow or it's going to be a day off to visit offices :-(

Just a quick question if a bailifflink3.gif has been in a house before but with previous owner does that mean they can walk into that house again with current owner?

Nope...if you can show are the tenant/owner and if asked confirm your identity eg driving licence, passport, utility bill then you can wave them a fond farewell.

WD

Just for info I have sent another email to the council requesting info with reference to a speedy response due to suffering from stress induced alopecia. I will follow up with a phone call at dinner time which I will record.

Thanks again for all the wonderful reasurance and help from you guys :oops: it's fantastic to know there are people willing to help as otherwise I'd be well and truly stuck !!

If you refuse to allow the bailiff to have entry into your home (I would suggest that you REFUSE) and as the bailiff cannot levy upon your car as it is not yours, then the ONLY fees that the bailiff can charge is just £24.50 for "attending to levy" (where no levy was made).

It would be wise to read a copy of the recent Newsletter that I wrote for CAG readers:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?315154-CAG-Newsletter.-Bailiff-tactics-!!!

PS: The bailiff company will insist on full payment now. HOWEVER, almost all local authorities will insist that their bailiffs agree payment arrangements whereby the debt need to be paid in full BEFORE the end of the new council tax year (next April).

• 3 weeks later...

Right I have emailed Council twice for information and called. I still dont have any correct information and today I have received a letter from Rossendales demanding 500 pound minimum payment !!!

I am going to call clouncil agaion tomorrow but where the hell do I go from here ? My last email stated I would liek to get this matter soprted asap to save my hair falling out hand over fist but still no reply. I'm really statrting to get concerned and annoied at not being able to get the information I require.

Any advice on my next move ?

Thanks in advance.

If it were me I would ignore R?dales completely because as has been said deny them access or otherwise prevent them seizing goods and they are powerless. As for the Council move it up a notch or three here are the email details for the Leader of the Council [email protected] and ask if he can help as the Council themselves are dragging their heels.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you send an email to my local Council you get an automated reply saying that they endeavour to reply within 15 days which is very inefficient especially when something is urgent, unfortunately they don't even manage that! I have sent numerous email since 28th May 2011and no replies yet! Perhaps when the bailiffs call round on their 'phantom visits' they could bring the Council's reply with them and they could put that in the door, it would save time and a stamp!

I would now get in touch with your local MP and write a stern letter to the CEO of the council. Utterly pointless talking to bailiffs or the company because they are programmed to get as much as they can out of you in as little time as possible, and deny that you have any rights and that they know what they are doing is the right way because they say so. These people think they are above the law and unless you know better its best not to contact them.

• 1 month later...

Finally a reply from the council !!! I only sent email in august !!!

"Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the above property.

Further to your request, I can confirm we have obtained one liability order on this account on 12 February 2009 for the total amount of £913.60 all of which remains outstanding. The charge is for the period 15 September 2007 to 31 March 2008 and from 1 April 2008 until 9 August 2008. We referred your account to Rossendales on 18 July 2011. You must now contact Rossendales to discuss further payment of this charge.

If you were not a tenant for the full period of this account, please can you provide proof of residence elsewhere such as tenancy agreements, utility bills, bank statements etc. As soon as we receive this information we will review your liability accordingly.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Yours sincerely"

Is that any use ?

OK, you now have the dates they are looking for payment for. Do these tally with the times you lived there. If not have you provided proof of residency elsewhere to the Council. In the meantime none of this will prevent the Bailiff from visiting.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• dx100uk changed the title to Rossendales letter re CTAX Newcastle debt