Lloyds TSB and SCM

starman59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. The OH recieved this in the post this morning from SCM Solicitors for a Credit Card debt she has.She is currently paying a quid a month which she negotiated over the phone with Lloyds a while ago, they were ok about this and stopped the interest.Where it says about several reminders well she has had none. Is sending a CCA to Lloyds the way to go and maybe a bog off letter to SCM?. As my Mrs has no job (she's a mum to our 10mth old) and we have to rely on what I get on ESA, although we get child tax credit too, we are not exactly flush with money plus we will be getting a council house soon and that will need painting and carpetting, a cooker, etc, (money will be extra tight for a while then).Has anyone had any dealings with this SCM crowd before?.

SCM #1.pdf

Something smells ?

Have you seen this (tis a couple of years old now but a dog never stops wagging its tail)

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article6078489.ece

• Haha 1

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Barclaycard (wife) £1,080.43 Refunded

Barclaycard (me) SAR in progress

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

MBNA ..........SAR in progress. Charges & PPI from 1996 - present!

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2

Yes SCM and Lloyds same,If you bank with Lloyds get a new bank account quickly otherwise the credit card side of the business will raid your bank account without telling you.

If you wish write to Lloyds and SCM explain your situation and ? the letters they did not send you,also you could be cheeky and state as they are unhappy with the £1 per month under your new financial circumstances you will have to review this payment,downward

FS

Thanks for the replies all. The Daily Mail article was good reading geordieman. Their scare tactics wont work with my OH she will eat them for breakfast and spit out the bones.As yet there has been no phone calls so thats not a problem at the moment. We have written to Lloyds a while back firstship telling them of our situation and sent a Payplan I&E form and they seemed happy enough with that, but that was when my wife was at work and I had a part time job. As for the £1 a month as you say if they dont like it then they will be offered 50p a month. Our credit file is shot to peices so theres no worry about that either, all Lloyds and our other creditors can do is take us to court then a judge can tell them a quid a month take it or leave it. BTW we have a parachute account with a non connected to Lloyds or Halifax to whom we owe on a Credit card and overdraft.

little pointin a cca the debt is hers and she does owe the money

they are just doing the normal thing of trying to sqeeze

just ignore them

they'll go nowhere near a court

what about reclaiming late/over fees and ppi?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Something smells ?

Have you seen this (tis a couple of years old now but a dog never stops wagging its tail)

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article6078489.ece

Thank you for this, I have been searching for it for ages :)

There was also questions raised in Parliament on this very issue.

One very interesting statement they have made in respect of issuing a Default Notice. Has your wife ever received one ?

The fact is, if she hasnt, then SCM have dug a bit of a hole for themselves, because their letter makes it quite clear that they are making a formal demand for the WHOLE of the payment. If there has been no DN issued.. then they kind of did it the wrong way round. .. Oops..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thats a good point dx we know there is a debt, do'nt know about any late payments the wife is spot on when things are due dunno about the PPI though will look into that.We cannot remember seeing a DN citizenB they may have sent one and it got binned, was thinking of maybe sending them a SAR but finances are such a tenner is a lot on money to us at the moment.

The only thing I can add is that as they have demanded the full amount, then the agreement you originally entered into is now dead, therefore they CANNOT continue to add interest, the agreement does not exist.

I wouldn't worry about a SAR just yet, it is still in-house, Lloyds have yet to flog it on.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!