natwest - shakespear putsman - court date -so stressed.

stuck03
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like gezwee has been advising you on this.

A directions hearing is simply a meeting in order for everyone to get their act together. The Judge will decide what matters can be agreed prior to a hearing in order to save time. If there is any paperwork/information required in order to make things go smoothly and there will be a time table decided for exchange of witness statements and other documents, I imagine.

When is hte hearing ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

may 14th!

Just make sure you have all the information you are going to require, in a file.

I would suggest you make yourself a check list of all the things you want to ask at the hearing. If there are still documents outstanding from CPR requests that you require, or a statement of account, then you should let the Judge know that you are still waiting for information.

I will have a think of anything else you might need.. but I am sure that gezwee will have looked in on you before then :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The ultimate aim of the hearing is to produce an order with a timetable setting out what both parties need to do and by when in order for the trial to be effective. Therefore, have a think about what documents you need, what documents you need to give them, when you can do this by, whether you have any dates when you are not available or will be unable to attend to the case, how many witnesses you will need etc

• Haha 1

Ok, i dont really have a lot, only what i took last time which is mainly letters from sols and a couple of loan statments.

Let me double check, when you say trial....is that still the same as last time...ie me sol and judge in room? It just sounds so very public!

If your case is allocated to the SCT tgen the final hearing will be in chambers with you, the judge and the other side (small claims final hearings are technically public but no one ever wants to go and watch one).

If your case is allocated to the FT the trial will be in open court with the judge, you, the usher and the other side. The hearing will be more formal; you will stand to make submissions, the lawyers will usually be robed etc, and it will be a larger public court room.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, is there anything i can do just to enable this whole mess to be sorted out tomorrow!!!!

Not quite sure what you are asking?

You have all your paperwork and arguments to hand, yes ?

Is this a hearing proper, or a directions hearing ?

BCOBS

Hi its a directions hearing.......i have no official paperwork as not even sure what im meant have. I never originally received any paperwork from the court and agreed to a consent order over the phone with the sols.

I got asked to go to court last year as i had broken my consent due to a drop in our income. There was a problem with the consent as it had the wrong claimants name on. The case got put on hold until the paperwork was put correct.

I had a copy of the same consent with claimants name crossed out and the correct claimant put in and this was signed by the court.

Then i receive a letter telling me to go to court tomorrow for a directions hearing.

I honestly havent got a clue whats going on and if there is anything i need to take with me.......complete nightmare. I just wanted it sorted once and for all. I am prepared to pay the debt at an amount i can afford but from what i can make out they just want a ccj so they can go straight for a charging order on my house!!! This is what i desperatly want to avoid as its me, my partner and my 2 kids in our house. The worry is making me sick to the bones!!!

Thanks x

I will try and find someone who might be able to advise..

BCOBS

Hi Stuck

Simply attend the Directions hearing, it is what it states on the tin , for the DJ to talk to both parties and agree further directions for the claim to proceed.

There is little preparation for you as the defendant unless something you wish to raise may be of benefit to your defence of the matter.

From what I glean from the posts you have made I would quickly run through CPR 19 (addition and substitution of parties) to make sure they have complied with the correct procedure,and verified by the Court.

Part 19 - Addition and Substitution of Parties

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thankyou.....i have spent all evening going through everything i have. I am driving myself potty. I have decided to pour a glass of wine and just turn up tomorrow with an offer of payment and see if they will accept it so this whole mess can be sorted once and for all.....if they dont then i will be back. I really appreciate everybodys kind help xx

Best of luck for tomorrow, :)

BCOBS

Ok i went and all ok. The sol said to the judge that if he granted an installment order then he was also applying for a charging order. The judge asked what we wanted to happen. i explained i was in a position to offer the amount from our original consent order and that i just wanted to sort the whole mess out and get it paid off. The judge granted an installment order to the amount i offered with no mention of a charging order. The sol then gave a massive list of costs including his attendece for today totalling an extra £200. i explained that if the sol hadnt made an error on the paperwork in the first place then we wouldnt have been at court today, The judge agreed and wouldnt allow his costs(secret smile on my face at sol).

Thanks again for all your help guys x

Oh well done you. I am so pleased that this has now been sorted out. And.. no costs awarded against you. So doubly well done.

BCOBS

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Sad to be back here asking for advice again. Had a rough time recently and loss of job meant we haven't been able to keep up with ccj. Had a letter today to say that we are in court again in June as sol applying for a charging order against our property.....dioes this mean they are going to force us to sell it. Its my partners debt and I will happily help pay but cannot afford much. I have 2 children and need to know what I should be doing x any help please x

If the property is in joint names then the claimant can only obtain a restriction against the "debtors" share of the equity. It is highly unlikely you would be forced to sell if you have small children.

Did you inform the court and claimant that you had hit a financial hiccup and ask to have the installment varied for a period of time. ?

How much is outstanding on the judgment debt ?

BCOBS

I have done nothing....totally stupid. I have been hiding behind closed curtains wishing it away....

Reading this that came today. They went to court on the 8th april (I didn't know about this)....amount now owing £9217 including costs and interest.

original ccj was 11184. £5720 have fallen due and 2522 remains unpaid.

two letters one to my partner and another to me as having an interest in property.

we have mortgage arrears ans currently using spare cash to pay them off at 90 a month and not got a chance of paying the original £260 a month off this debt.

I want to get it sorted and paid but it needs to be affordable.. Thankyou

I also have a letter from the land registery to reply to by the 19th which says I shoul consent or decline to the application to put a restriction against the land!!

If this were me then I would decline the application. I will however flag your thread for further assistance from others on the site team.

BCOBS