Work Programme what to expect

biggeorge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just signed on today and given letter saying I am now in the work programme and someone will call

me.

Had a quick Google search and getting slightly worried after what I have been reading.

Anyone actually been on one of these and have experience of what actually happens.

Do they try and make you work 30 hours a week for your benefits as I know for a fact I will be walking out if they try that on.

George

The Mandatory Work Related Activity is a 4 week part of the 2 year programme where you will be placed in a working environment for the 4 weeks for 30 hours per week. The actual work prgramme is a mandatory part now for claiming your JSA, you will be assigned to an adviser at the provider and will work out an agreeable programme involving job searching and how often you need to attend their premises along with finding out if you have any training/basic skills needed. Your adviser will need to establish what type of work you are predominitely looking for, what you are capable of doing and then look at the MWRA at a later date.

what i have experienced so far is a few hours here and there and some days free.

it doesn't appear to be like new deal where thirty hours a week is required but the work programme lasts for two years where new deal lasted around nine months.

on signing on she didnt even look at my book just saying from now on a4e are responsible for job searching.

I have just started this. It has so far been form filling. I had to tell them what help I needed and what experience I already have. So far, (I'm only on session 2) I've not done anything that I haven't already done.

Thanks all for the replies.

Slight panic over now, was worried I was going to be made to work 30 hours a week.

Will see what happens when I have my first meeting next few weeks.

What kind of forms are they asking you to fill in, all personal data, doctors,dentists etc..

George