wescot .please help

maggie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maggie, congratulations on the test results - hope the rest of the results are okay. I have a couple of tests ahead and hope they will prove what I've been telling the NHS for the last three years... the other tests have already done that part way and have given them another lead.

Hope the claim info is going steadily, mine is deadlocked at the moment, no reply from Crap1 and GMAC aren't budging.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What have you been paying Westcott?

They are just a company that buys debts.

There is no contract between you and Westcott that enables them to obtain money from you in this way.

Only a CCJ can do that and Westcott cannot apply for one because

1) they are not a solicitor and cannot represent anyone in court.

2) It can only be done by the original creditor.

3) If its under £5000 then no fees can be added in any small claims track case.

Just tell Westcott where they can poke it.

Renta Mouth - you should read the whole thread. There is Much Action therein.

Maggie, fantastic news! I only hope it continues. Hugs returned with glee! I would check with the FOS that they have received your complaint, just to make sure.

XXX

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your comments on my tests.Tide,ready when you are.Stoney.I am over the moon with test results,even though I have still to hear about biopsies,but as I have said .no news is good news.Hi Andrew1 ,yes it has been a long time coming.

Smiling even more today.......Funny that!!!!

xxx

Hi Stoney,

The F.O.S. have acknowledged my complaint.They wrote to me on the 13th August,stating that they are snowed under at the moment,but will reply as soon as possible.

Hope you like the pics of my 3 yorkies.

Ok.Received a reply from the F.O.S.Mindboggling ..........to say the least.

It States.......

Thank you for your recent enquiry.the matter you have raised does not appear to be something we are able to look into.However,it is possible that Finance &leasing Association ,may be able to help you.

You should hear from them shortly.

Signed F.O.S.

Any help ..............from any quarter....................would be very much appreciated.

I am totally flumoxed as to who the heck are the Finance & leasing Assoc.???????????????????????????

Maggie

Maggie,

Following the Financial Ombudsman Service redirecting your complaint to the Finance & Leasing Association.

FLA Website - http://www.fla.org.uk/fla/

Consumer complaints

Who is FLA?

FLA is a trade association. Our members are required to follow our code of practice – the Lending Code. We record and monitor all the complaints we receive about our members.

How to make a complaint

You will need to complete our on-line complaint form (link below). If, for any reason, you would prefer a complaint form to be posted to you, please call FLA on 020 7836 6511

What happens once I have submitted my complaint to FLA?

Once the complaint is received by the FLA we will send you an acknowledgement e-mail within 2 days.

What is the FLA conciliation procedure?

We will liaise between you and our member in order to resolve your complaint. We will ensure they respond to your concerns and monitor their compliance with the provisions of our Code.

Although we cannot award compensation or make a decision about your complaint, we will continue to work with you until a satisfactory conclusion is achieved or it is more relevant for your complaint to be considered by somebody else.

What if you are unable to reach a satisfactory conclusion to my complaint?

You may be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Our member will send you details about how to do this at the relevant time.

However, if your complaint arose before 6th April 2007, this option will not apply. If this is the case, FLA will advise you of your further options.

Please ask us at any time if you would like further information about this. You can also contact FOS on 0845 080 1800.

Other relevant information

FLA is unable to provide you with legal advice on your complaint - if you want legal advice, you should contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau, Trading Standards Office or a solicitor.

Please note that you will be unable to use the FLA complaint scheme where your complaint has been, or is being considered by the Financial Ombudsman Service or a court.

Wow Maggie,

Looks like you are being given the run around. This confirms to me that Govt. depts, banks, financial institutions and Ombudsmen are simply buying for time to get their act together, set up depts to deal with claims and hide / destroy information.

You are simply being fobbed off. If you are up to it, you should contact the FOS tomorrow and state the above. Make sure you get to the person managing your case and ask why they decided to transfer this matter, and ask them to put in writing their full reasons for doing so.

Email is best.

I would forward the above to my local MP, this is a disgrace.

If anything, these people will represent Studio and the Debt Collectors and are heavilly affiliated to ING Lease (UK) Ltd.

Have the FOS gone mad or are they not what they were set up to be, and simply passing the buck?

Email them tomorrow and see what they have to say about the above. Sorry, Maggie, this makes me so mad.

Studio DIRECT it is then.

Tide

Hi Tide,

I sent a copy of the letter from the FOS to my friend at Trading Standards.

He agrees with you and I ,that he cannot understand why it has been referred.

He has also given me the exact same advice as yourself to e-mail them,which I will do tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sorry I haven,t replied to your e-mail yet,but will do so as soon as I am able.

Maggie

Maggie,

I'm unsure whether we should waste any time on these people but we might get more info if we focus them.

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for your e-mail.

I note from your e-mail that you wish to know the reason why I felt it was appropriate to refer your complaint to the Finance and Leasing Association. This is because the business you have complained (Studio Cards) about only became covered by us on 6 April 2007, and we have no authority to deal with complaints against it about things that happened before that date, that is the responsibility of the Finance and Leasing Association.

From what you have told me, your complaint is about something that happened before 6 April 2007 which means that – even though you are still in dispute with Studio Cards – we are not able to look into the matter.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

XXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXX

Thank you for responding to my email.

I cannot understand why you would refer this matter to an organisation such as the Finance and Leasing Association where, as a regulatory body, you would be aware that the FLA are simply an organisation without any authority, who act on behalf of their members.

Their members may include the very people against whom I have issued a complaint.

I understand that the FLA will not accept any complaints where the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Courts have been involved. This is clearly stated on their website.

If you wish to dispose of this matter, please provide details of an organisation, preferably an authority who are in a position to deal with my complaint or provide details of the authoritative body who should deal with it.

Please be advised that 24studio.co.uk are advertising on the television and may be putting other people in the same position as myself.

Given the length of time lapsed since I registered my complaint, I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance.

Yours faithfully,

M

Well done maggie, the more you tell TS about this the more compailnts will stack-up to get their license renewed. I would just love to see them lose their license, that would be the icing on a very big cake! Make sure you keep the TS officer looking at this site and the dca's like wescot and Cabot - If that doesn't make them take notice then they should shut up shop and get a new job ! Keep well. xx

Just received a reply from the FOS.

Dear M,

The FOS is not a regulatory body,we are an independent arbitration service,that deal soley with complaints.

The regulator of the industry is the Financial services Authority.

The FLA will not be able to investigate the complaint,if the FOS have investigated it,but as we haven,t yet investigated it,the FSA should still set the complaint up ,and investigate it.

kind regards,

the FOS.

I have an x-ray appointment next week ,where they are going to inject dye into my arm ,as this will show my internal organs up more when they x-ray me,and the week after I have to have day surgery.

Learnt all this after my appointment with my urology consultant,last week.

Between the fos stating that they are unable to help me with my complaint,and worrying about these tests,and this problem with Studio dragging on and on,and on,as it,s been nearly/over a year now,it is not helping my health.

I am really feeling like all this will never end.

On reading up on other threads in cag about the FOS dealing with peoples complaints,I still find it hard to understand why they are so reluctant at the moment,to help me with mine.I have sent another e-mail to the FOS today,and this time hoping against hope that they feel that after all ,they will hopefully take up my complaint.

Otherwise,the only other course of action I can see,is for me to take it to court myself.

Maggie

Maggie,

Maybe the FOS, FSA, FLA, OFT, ICO, CML, could take your x-rays while they're doing nothing.

Weren't these supposed to be the big protectors? It works out (with the exception of the OFT - slight repreive), that they are funded by the big boys and they can't offer any help - just give you the run around until you are forced to take action yourself. Not so good if you haven't been well, but I suppose that was never considered.

Letter Before Action next if you're up to it.

In the interim, can anybody confirm that they've actually had any help from any of the above?

Tide

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I,m back.

Ok,an update on my problem with Studio .As I said in previous threads,I am keeping my friend at T/S informed of the situation with the FOS.

He sent me an e-mail the other week ,which I have not replied to as yet,due to circumstances beyond my control.

The long and short of the e-mail states ,that Interim Justitia was still chasing me for the debt in August of this year,so ...........it seems that maybe it will be possible for the FOS to take this problem up,due to the debt still being chased in August.

How is everyone.I can now finally say ,that ALL health issues and concerns with myself are OK.........

Maggie