CAsh Genie Took Money out of my bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please help i am literally having a nervous breakdown noticed today Cash Genie have taken out 630.00 in two transactions by saying i accepted the terms and conditions on a loan i applied for with paydayiseveryday (or something like that) that i didnt get and they had no intention of giving it to me. How are the terms and conditions valid if the loan was declined??????

i rang them and got a very rude and nasty young man who laughed down the phone at me.

Have cleared out my bank account i am a single mother with 2 children one disabled and have handed in my notice (finfish work tomorrow) to become his carer full time as his needs have become greater so as you can imagine seeing all my money gone is a nightmare.

I have rang the bank and faxed a dispute made a complaint with the financial ombudsman and the OFT as well as sending a letter to my MP and plan to go to the police tomorrow.

Has anyone ever been accepted for these second loans i doubt it surely it is a way of gaining acoount information by deception my inbox was full of them and i had to have dental surgery and it needed paying could not bear the pain anymore so like an idiot applied for another one.

I am currently in a debt management plant with Bridgewood (fantastic company by the way) who were dealing with Cash Genie and making payments.

What else can i do i will not rest until this money has been given back i will pay what i borrowed and one months interest what i put in an email to them but other than that we have no food for the month no money for gas and electricity meters and will end up in arrers with mortgage and rent (shared home ownership)

I try and do everything right go to work look after the kids the house but what is the point when companies can do this to you i feel sick and violated i suffer from depression and anxiety an literally feel like my world is falling apart around me

Will contact the BCCa tomorrow as well has anyone had any luck getting this money back we need to highlight what they are doing by going to the media the thought of another family going through this is just awful i have no paper work from them no statements of what i owe just a couple of emails did it over the phone so dont have terms of aggrement either

My bank is the nationwide has anyone had the same problem and the same bank

Have the bank helped you?

What do you tell the police?

I need this money what the hell am i going to do????

Please help can't sleep

nickybee:mad2::mad2::shock::shock::-(:evil::evil::evil::oops::oops::oops:

jUST HAD JAMIE ON THE PHONE WHO TOLD ME HE WILL RING ME BACK IN 15 MINUTES AFTER READING MY EMAIL AND SPEAKING TO OTHER MEMBERS OF STAFF REALLY FRIGHTENED TO TAKE THEIR CALL AS FEEL LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO BE HORRIBLE TO ME TELL ME ITS ALL MY FAULT AND GIVE ME NO HELP REALLY WORRIED WHAT SHALL I SAY PLEASE HELP

rEALLY NICE GUY NAMED jAMIE ON THE PHONE FROM cASH gENIE REALLY HELPFUL AND WE HAVE COME TO AN AMICABLE SOLUTION HE IS REFUNDING MY 285.00 AND CLOSING THE ACCOUNT FANTASTIC MAN WITH GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE THANKS JAMIE

fEEL SO MUCH RELIEF HOPE THIS GIVES HELP TO OTHER PEOPLE THOUGHT THAT MONEY WAS LOST FOREVER:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Refunding £285 ??? I thought they had taken £630 ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Refunding £285 ??? I thought they had taken £630 ?

That's how I read it Ell-enn. Nicky can you explain please, I was furious on your behalf..............you have got back less than half of money you never borrowed in the first place! Or am I reading it wrong?????

How are the terms and conditions valid if the loan was declined??????

I am currently in a debt management plant with Bridgewood (fantastic company by the way) who were dealing with Cash Genie and making payments.

:

im confused.... you say you were declined...... then say bridgewood was dealin and makin payments to them???

No offence intended here but but this whole post seems a bit dodgy and filled with bits I just can't believe...Maybe our guests have started posting on the forum to try and repair the bad name they have created for themselves...just so others do not get fooled into thinking Cash Genie is a decent company - PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL - CASH GENIE CAN BE VERY NASTY AND WILL NEVER RETURN ANY MONEY TO YOU - DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BANK OR CARD DETAILS - PAY THEM IN OTHER WAYS ON YOUR OWN TERMS.And remember no matter what they say and do ( Even after court papers) do not pay them any more than initial loan amount + 1 month interest. Nothing more. Not a penny. They will accept this afte the court papers are issued and before it goes to court. they know this is the most they can get.

I have to admit, they have been as good as gold with me, although I didn't default, instead I paid half, they froze the rest till the following month, no interest, although it has rolled over a view times, so they have had a good pound of flesh. but still good enough, can pay it off at last , can't say how they are if you default, but seems to me all the companies have some good stories and some bad ones, except cfo of course, they just have bad ones.

hmmmm sounds even dodgier to me....every other post and also my experience suggests that CASH GENIE will not even talk to you about repayment plan until you have defaulted???? Have they changed their process?And CASH GENIE are set up only to take the interest every month - automatic roll over - so how can you ask them for a repayment plan before it defaults? In essence you would pay more than what you would normally pay that month if you ask for a repayment plan? And if your story is correct everyone could take a loan with cash genie and then the next day ask to set up a repayment plan and all interest will freeze? Surely this cant be right?I still think this is well dodgy - and if I was less tactful I would even go as far as suggesting Cash Genie staff members have learned to post here....but I am not suggesting that here of course!!!!Advice to others - under no circumstances give CASH GENIE your card or bank details and certainly do not pay them anything more than initial capital + 1 months interest!

Back in the days when I dealt personally with this horrible lot I tried to pay a loan back three days early, would they have it? NO, and they insisted I paid full interest even though it wasn't being rolled over.

They are not worth the hassle and sometimes if you take a step back (not easy to do) you can find other ways of dealing with the situation.

At that time (pre CAG) I was borrowing money to repay debts I would now query. If it is money being borrowed to repay a debt think twice... the debt may not be legally owed and the company may be adding lots of illegal fees to the amount.

hmmmm sounds even dodgier to me....every other post and also my experience suggests that CASH GENIE will not even talk to you about repayment plan until you have defaulted???? Have they changed their process?And CASH GENIE are set up only to take the interest every month - automatic roll over - so how can you ask them for a repayment plan before it defaults? In essence you would pay more than what you would normally pay that month if you ask for a repayment plan? And if your story is correct everyone could take a loan with cash genie and then the next day ask to set up a repayment plan and all interest will freeze? Surely this cant be right?I still think this is well dodgy - and if I was less tactful I would even go as far as suggesting Cash Genie staff members have learned to post here....but I am not suggesting that here of course!!!!Advice to others - under no circumstances give CASH GENIE your card or bank details and certainly do not pay them anything more than initial capital + 1 months interest!

I hope your not meaning me lol, I didn't default, because I paid more than the interest amount, I actually cleared some of the capital. I have no idea how they work their system, as you say they automatically roll over, when I quieried the fact that the site showed a £15 charge and that the interest still showed as £45 , she asked if i was paying the extra £95 left, I said yes next month, and asked what the interest would be, she said if I paid next month(£95), she would close the account, called me a valued customer, what can I say but my own experience .

In fairness, I have had a few loans with them, always paid in the past and this loan has rolled over 4 times, so they have had their money.

I do think that a lot of the time, if you go in aggresive to start, you will get aggression back, always start out on friendly terms, as though you are asking a friend for a favour, if that doesn't work, bark at em then bite.

I'll agree with ksmiggy - noticed a section in their faq about payment plans and contacted before I defaulted. Got a reply in minutes and set up a plan without any charges at all - balance was frozen and it'd ever even been rolled over.

Of course, since then they've had a whoopsie and *tried* to raid my account but failed as I pay via their bank details.

Just over £100 left, it'll be clear soon!

spot on about the card details, always try to control the payments yourself.

Remember, people are more likely to come on here to moan about bad treatment from these companies, if they are ok with you, most wouldn't bother writing about it.

There seems to be no consistancy to treatment from these people, I do believe it is a combination of, the circumstances of the loan, your history with the company , your attitude to them, which employee you get and what you can offer, plus a few other factors , with all that, we are obviously all going to get different experiences, so please don't automatically assume that if someone says , " they were fine with me" that they are an employee, instead, look at what they did to get such treatment.

we are all here for the same reason, help .

Reading on here about some of the people who have managed to deal with the various devils, is what helped me decide how to deal with some of them.

Everybody has different circumstances, different needs and expectations, some are hell bent on paying only the loan + interest, in some case this leads to nothing but agro, drags the issue on when for example for the sake of £60 extra over 8 months it could be over with no fuss.

In my situation with Txt loan for example, they tried to add £150 ,I paid first payment, but maintained that the charge was unfair, offered to meet them half way as I do believe in fairness all round, pointed out I would pay it , then take them to court to claim it back, they lowered it to £60, less than my offer(didn't like the fact I looked fairer than them) , yes I could have fought and pushed till they told me to bugger off and passed it over to a DCA to drag on, instead I thought an extra £60 on £350 over 8 months was fair, I couldn't get a loan at that rate elsewhere.

My point is, each to their own as it were, decide what you want from the company, in the case above, I pointed out that by making my offer, I was in fact being fair to the point of acknowledging that I felt I should pay extra too, but not as much as they said, also that I had made a payment as agreed . now, think about how good that would look in your favour if they ever went to court should something go wrong.

If you want to argue all the charges fine, you have that right, if you feel that you want to deal with it without agro and don't mind paying a bit more for the fact that you can pay how you want to and over the time you want then remember , if you offer them a bit they will help, if you go in shouting I want I want and I'm not doing this and not doing that, you are lucky if you will get any help from them, you may get there eventually, after a lot of stress and a lot of hassle.

Many ways to skin a cat and lay a few mines for later if needed.

Sorry rant over.

Sillygirl

I went down the same route, borrowing to pay the previous loans off, convincing myself that you can catch them up and reduce them, it doesn't work, they keep growing till you reallise, call a halt to it and end up here.

Edited by ksmiggy