Got parking ticket for blocking my own driveway- need advise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a PCN today. It says that I was ' parked in a special enforcement area adjacent to a footway, cycle track or verge lowered to meet the level of the carriageway.' It is contravention code 27. Basically I was parked on a yellow line but blocking my mum's driveway, her car was on the drive. it is not a shared driveway, its ours we paid for it with the council. Is there any way that I can appeal this please? As it was a Sunday, i thought you can park on yellow lines, there are no parking restrictions, plus its the family driveway, any suggestions please

the footpath and verge to the road are not yours

what about others?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

google-earth link?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would say you can appeal, yes. The reason being, although the yellow line "supercedes" the fact that you were in front of your mother's drive, they are not issuing the PCN for being "parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours" so the yellow line in this instance is a red herring.

They are using the contravention of being parked in front of a dropped kerb. Now if you can confirm that the dropped kerb is solely for the use of the homeowner to access their driveway, and you have their permission to odstruct the drive, then your appeal should be using "the contravention did not occur".

If they subsequently try to introduce the "yellow line" offence, then the PCN fails as well for not stating the correct contravention. You should be on a win/win with this one.

if there is an opposing drop kerb on the otherside of the road then what they have put:

parked in a special enforcement area adjacent to a footway, cycle track or verge lowered to meet the level of the carriageway

is correct?

dx

and they

urm........

try posting the link within a PDF document...

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

just spoke to the parking team for the council, the only way i can get a ticket for blocking my drive, on a yellow line ( on a Sunday) is if someone in the property requests it. The tenant on other ground floor flat do not have a dropped driveway and use mine to park the car so it upsets them when I block my driveway as they have nowhere to park. they'd rather climb my driveway to park than pay to drop their driveway. Seems like because they were upset that I blocked my driveway, they called the ticket inspector, pretending to own the driveway and asked the inspector to put a ticket on my car! Is there anyone who can help me with what I can do please in this situation. The landlord of the tenants is willing to write that its my driveway, not shared and that the tenants have not right to use it. I really need some help please Can I appeal?

interesting senario.....

i should think then that a letter from the landlord and yourself, should be able to resolve it then.

dx

and they