Missed Calls from my own number ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I came home from work today to find there were 3 missed calls on my landline phone - from my own number! anyone any idea how this could happen ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You'll need to stop phoning yourself :p especially when your no in !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Apparently there are a number of explanations for this happening, and the most common has something to do with voice mail.

It can sometimes be cause when your voice mail is hacked.

There is also an app that can be purchased for Android mobiles that allows you to type in what ever you like and it will appear on the caller ID. It is a common prank to input the number that is being called. It must take a mind the size of the universe to be amused by that!

By the way, I don't have an android phone, so it wasn't me :-)

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

Apparently there are a number of explanations for this happening, and the most common has something to do with voice mail.

It can sometimes be cause when your voice mail is hacked.

There is also an app that can be purchased for Android mobiles that allows you to type in what ever you like and it will appear on the caller ID. It is a common prank to input the number that is being called. It must take a mind the size of the universe to be amused by that!

By the way, I don't have an android phone, so it wasn't me :-)

Damn, must download that app :)

S.

what's an android mobile ??

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Android is an operating system. It's a bit of a pretender after iPhones crown.

I'll probably get told off for that, but I really don't believe it's as good.

Android is used by the likes of Samsung, and Motorola among others. It's a system that was developed and marketed by google where you can by and install third party applications in a similar manner to iPhone.

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

what's an android mobile ??

Come on get with it :-D

I've had my mobile phone (Motorola Razer thingy)for 3 years and my sons think it's hilarious that I won't get an iPhone - I just don't have the time to play around with one - not to mention the cost of them !

I had a Blackberry, could'nt work the thing :madgrin: I'm still hoping Morphy Richards will bring out a mobile.

Android is an operating system. It's a bit of a pretender after iPhones crown.

I'll probably get told off for that, but I really don't believe it's as good.

Android is used by the likes of Samsung, and Motorola among others. It's a system that was developed and marketed by google where you can by and install third party applications in a similar manner to iPhone.

Ooo PhoneCAG, :)

I H8 Apple :)

We all have our crosses to bear Shadow ;-) I was merely explaining what Android was, and the iPhone is the most iconic phone of the century so far so I thought it would be clearer that way. One must never forget that Apple values it's competitors very highly, that's what made it the world's biggest technology company.

None the less, this app is only available on Android at the moment, but if it's an old style copper wire line, there are some faults that can replicate this type of thing, or so I'm told.

Think I've got to the bottom of this - there was a voicetext message on the phone - so the missed calls from my own number were most likely from my call minder service telling me :)

Think I've got to the bottom of this - there was a voicetext message on the phone - so the missed calls from my own number were most likely from my call minder service telling me :)

Phew... thats good, now we can get back to apple bashing... :)

S.

(Doesnt believe if its white and prefixed with an I its the bee's knee's and likes his phone battery lasting more than a day..thank you :))