ESA Assessment failed advice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the extra money will be stopped. ESA interviews of this type (Work Focused Interviews, or WFIs) are annoying but: you can only be asked to attend six of them, no more frequently than once per month, and they can't force you to apply for jobs or training. The only way you can be sanctioned (lose money) is if you don't show up. Well, you also have to "participate", but that provision is there to make sure you don't just turn up at the office and sit there in sullen silence.

Apologies for not replying, I did not receive an email notification.

Does that mean 6 interviews total or 6 every year? And if I don't want to go, do I just let them know I don't want to go and they only stop my 20 quid?

Thanks for the reply.

Just going to donate now.

Apologies for not replying, I did not receive an email notification.

Does that mean 6 interviews total or 6 every year? And if I don't want to go, do I just let them know I don't want to go and they only stop my 20 quid?

Thanks for the reply.

Just going to donate now.

No worries, just reply when you can.

If you don't attend the interviews, you'll lose the extra £20 or so. Well, at first you'd lose half of it, then after 4 weeks you'd lose it all. It would be reinstated if you started attending. If you don't want to go and don't mind the sanction, then you could call them to let them know (out of courtesy, I guess) or simply don't show up. Bear in mind that it's not like JSA - they can't force you to do anything like training or work or whatever.

As to your question about whether it's per year or total, I'm actually not 100% sure - I did process ESA, but wasn't much involved in that aspect of things. I'll try to find out for you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

No worries, just reply when you can.

If you don't attend the interviews, you'll lose the extra £20 or so. Well, at first you'd lose half of it, then after 4 weeks you'd lose it all. It would be reinstated if you started attending. If you don't want to go and don't mind the sanction, then you could call them to let them know (out of courtesy, I guess) or simply don't show up. Bear in mind that it's not like JSA - they can't force you to do anything like training or work or whatever.

As to your question about whether it's per year or total, I'm actually not 100% sure - I did process ESA, but wasn't much involved in that aspect of things. I'll try to find out for you.

Thanks a lot mate. I'm not that bothered about losing the 20 quid, would rather keep it but not for going to interviews.

Well, as long as you're aware of the implications for your payments, it's up to you. I'd attend the interviews, but I'm not you and I don't know about your condition.

Regarding the earlier question about "Is it 6 interviews per year?" or whatever, the best information I can find suggests it would be 6 per claim. If you're in the WRAG, and your next WCA (medical) says you should stay in the WRAG, no further interviews should be needed. But if your circumstances change, this could change also.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

That all depends on if you have a valid reason for not going.

You would be far better reading up on these things having a think then deciding how best to approach it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?317115-ESA-quot-WRAG-quot-appeal-can-they-force-me-to-attend-while-an-appeal-is-pending&p=3528419#post3528419

There's your starter reading for 10. Follow all the links and educate yourself.

There's is absolutely no point getting yourself sanctioned when it can be easily avoided.

• Haha 1