ESA appeal sucessful

karen68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes it can be done!!! Just wanted to post this to give hope to all those awaiting appeal dates.

In my sons case we have been left in limbo for 14 months since his original atos medical.

It took abouth 45 mins for the panel to hear my son and overturn the decission 0 points to 15 points.

If I can offer just one piece of help, it would be to be prepared. We spent a long time on the sumission letter it was very long and comprehensive, but ultimately my son dried up a little being questioned due to his anxiety (the whole point of his claim) and everything had been explained in advance in the letter. Thanx Leemack for the template we used.

2 weeks on and we have just received the letter from ESA stating that the claim had been sucessful and that backpay for the full 14 months was to be paid, over 2 grand.

From my sons point of view, this was never about the money but about being believed!!!

Anyway a heartfelt thanx to all here that helped an dhopefully our story and summision letter will help others in the future.

Karen

I think that's brilliant

My wife was screwed by ATOS and just didn't have the will power to go further; winning an Employment Tribunal took everything out of her. I'm pleased you've shared the results with us.

Hello, Im new to this site. I have my esa tribunral next week and am really nervous. I scored 0 points at my medical. I have a rare life threatening disease called Fabrys , this disease causes me array of complications such as chronic neuropathic pain, IBS, CFS, Dizzyness, breathlessness,depression, high blood pressure, kidney problems and many more. I am on alot of medication the most important one being a repregal infusion which i have every 14 days and is done by a homecare nurse.

My disease is progressive and not controlled or curable, only slowdown by medication. I have yearly tests such as MRI, heart scan, heart trace, kidney scan, blood preeure, hearing tests.

I would be very grateful for any advice. I have wrote to the asking them to consider regulation 25 but have not heard back

Kind regards

sue:sad:

Hello Sue, welcome to CAG.

I'm sure other people will be along with advice for you, but please have a read of leemack's sticky on ESA 'medicals'. She's been through this too, as have I.

To find the stickies, come out of your thread using the back arrow and you'll be on the forum titles page for Benefits. The stickies are in the yellow section. Hopefully, leemack's thoughts will help you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello again. If you come out of this thread [yours], then you should be in the 'titles' page for the forum. If you scroll up the page, you should see a block of titles in yellow and these are the 'stickies'. I can't remember the title of leemack's offhand, but it has ESA and medical, or Atos in the title.

My best, HB

Hi Sue,

These guys on here are incredably helpful and I couldn't have put together such a comphensive agument for tribunal without them.

You dont have much time left before yours so I would suggest you get as much medical proof as you can to take with you. Hospital/doctors letters scan/test result , anything you can get your hands on. It may also be helpful to take some general info about you condition with you. As your condition is rare the doctor may not have a working knowledge of it and I'm sure the judge wont.

Good luck and keep us posted

• 2 weeks later...
Hi , Well my appeal was today and won without having had to attend. I got a call at 10 o clock saying the judge supported my appeal from my paperwork alone.

Miracles do happen.

Thanks to everyone one for their advice and support

sue

Brilliant, I'm pleased you didn't have to go through it.

HB x