No Money V Barclays ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would write (and this is no lie!)... last time i did talk to one of the 12yr olds there they said that beacuse of 'all these people and there banks' we can't even open new post for 13 days- thats just to get round to opening it!!!

I'm in no rush, i stopped getting stressed about all this a long time ago, we try and laugh about it now :D

NO MONEY :-|

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what difference does it make wether you have a court date or not.

why don't the idiots pay up when you issue a claim with MCOL thus saving them an extra hundred quid because of the AQ fee and the extra interest.

we are dealing with a financial institution here but they are acting like a load of spoilt brats who have had their ball taken away.

sorry about the rant lol.

good luck.

Anthony Lomeardi said that this is just the process that they go though, they (meaning the him and his department) can't give the money back until the person claiming the money back has a court date so in other words only the most persistant of us will get anything.

I still can't see why it takes so long to 'varify' the charges on my account and when i do get that call from them and they screw me about they can think again.

It's very probable that they'll settle before - pecially now that you've had some kind of assurance that they'll get back to you in early 2007.

Personally, I'd leave it until at least the 8th of January 2007 before making contact again. Give them the time they require and asked for after the Xmas/New year break to get back into the swing of things.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 2 weeks later...

Well i called Barclays again today with my fingers crossed...

Spoke with anthonti, nice guy but seems very busy at the moment (well thats their fault- Not mine!!!)

Said he still has not looked at the file as some weeks to go until court date (2nd feb). He said that he will be looking at the file next week and will give me a call back on my land line so we can look to settle.

As long as i get the money before that date i'll be happy.

Will keep you all posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I WON!!!

£2864 ON IT'S WAY TO ME...

RANG ANTHONY LOMEARDI, THEY DID TRY AND GET AWAY WITH PAYING LESS INTEREST BUT I HAD ALL THE FIGURES READY TO FIGHT MY CORNER. THEY SETTLED IN FULL.

I JUST NEED TO SIGN THE SETTLEMENT FORM AND SEND IT BACK, HE SAID THEY WILL THEN PUT THE MONEY INTO MY ACCOUNT.

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED ME ALONG THE WAY.

I WILL BE MAKING A DONATION WHEN I GET THE HARD CASH!

CONGRATULATIONS

Don't forget our SURVEY when you have minute....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Don't forget to cross out the confidentiality clause on the settlement form ;)

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

Well Done PAULDEAN!!!

I have just read through the whole of your thread and i have to say you had me really scared a couple of times.

I have my day in court with Barclays set for 26.02.07 and i am very very nervous.

I havent tried ringing anyone to chase along the claim, i thought it was better to stay silent and hope against all hopes that Barclays would just play the waiting game too and then possibly cave at the last minute.

Do you think now that i have a date i should chance my arm, then again i'd probably cave.:sad:

Pauldean didn't barclays close your account and you had to hand back your debit card etc? I was just wondering because you said they refunded your settlement figure back to your bank account.

Does this mean they threatened to close the account but didn't?

1) I have sent back the settelment letter with the 'shut up of else' part crossed out.

2) Thay did threaten to close my account, they did cancel ALL of my DD's and standing orders but the account (and i didn't known this at the time) was still open.

3) TAGGIL- ring them, if you have a court date they will settle... make sure you have all the sums infront of you ready and don't settle for anything less than THAT days total. The guy seems human so no demands or shouting, he is just doing his job. This is the number to call... anthony lomeardi, 020 7116 4523.

Hi Paul Dean

Just read all your thread and its been an inspiration to me!! Have just sent a prelim letter and Schedule of charges on behalf of my mother in law so i guess your thread is now gonna become a regular reference point for me!!! Well done mate

If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read it in english thank a soldier.