12months of (it wasn't me honest) ATM transactions has cost me all my cash

sweene1j
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Martin...so so sorry but for some reason which is beyond me, i have not been able to contact the site or get my email. I have had to get my brother to check from his house to see if there was something wrong. All the mail just turned up from cag and from a couple of junk things. How strange. I have changed my password.

I did not send as I wanted to know if perhaps it would interfere with the fact that I am completely at the mercy of the site as i have not got an abolute clue and they blind me with their jargon. All i know is that i need your guidance and i thank you for all you do.

I have however asked that they call me as i have to discuss my security issues with them and why they allowed cpp to remove funds from my account but i cant even get a call back. To boot i have been so ill which was coming due to the worry of it all. I am scared now as i have got debt collection after me. It is too much now for me. I know i have to find the strength and i am trying. Please dont give up on me as I am so in need of your assistance.

grateful

sweene1j.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry i meant to add that i have just been thrown out my browsing session again, I got a letter from the ID theft part of the cpp saying they are closing my case. I reolied to them stating i would rather they didnt as I know that mail is going to the fraudulant address and this is ongoing. That is IDtheft so i said to keep it open. I should receive a reply shortly, perhaps.

sweene1j

• 3 months later...

Hi

I am SORRY. I couldn't actually cope with it. I had to go under a rock so to speak, it got so bad but i felt it was not fair on you having to hear me whine,Sorry.I m in even deeper and even worse now because i had no cash i have defaulted on stuff like big bills that i pay monthly and now i got lawyers and all sorts after me. i dont answer the phone incase it is one of them.I have never known such humiliation i dont go out much unless i really have to.Well i just came to say sorry for letting you down and myself. I am fairly good at budgeting and shopping so thats the only plus, its ten pounds a day though on school dinners, then after that it dont leave a lot.Anyway Sorry again and i wish i had a wee bit more in me but its too hard and lonely and i just burst into tears if i talk about it so i am pretty useless.I know it is pathetic in the eyes of some but please try not to say it because it would really hurt.

Hi Sweene,

Sorry to hear this has got to you so badly.

We are here to try and help you with whatever we can, not to judge or criticise.

If you want further help here, just say so and then we can see what more we can do with your case.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks so much, I am trying my best but i got into hot water with my car insurance which because i couldnt give them my document of no claims they cancelled the whole thing and sent some lawyers for more money. Ok so they were patient because was upset as i had said i may not have everything cos loads of stuff went missing, but they said thats not policy. so I am allowed to pay them the charges for being a dimwit in 2 installments.which means they have had over a years money well 18mnths and i had insurance for about 21 days!

I explained to the new insurance company what happened and also i have moved so I paid the annual premium and then i see they took a payment out for seventy odd pounds extra. They said this person went to the insurance because my trailer hit his van in the wind. Ok so he was knocking my door every day and it was becoming annoying he was wanting 500.00 and i said its unfair because I never saw what the damage was. He said it doesnt matter and i gotta pay. I got the letter after two more days saying i have an insurance problem.So I only forund it out when i queried the seventy odd quid mind, thats when i just gave up. So i have paid 2 annual premiums and been charged over 1hundred by 1 insurance and80 by this other, who have sent a cancellation if i dont give the docs that i have not got so i said do it without the no claims bonus stuff, that must be gone now because of this trailer v lorry thing. So thats where i am up to. I have two big bad letters but i will open them when i can deal with it, i will try really hard but its just that i feel like i want to hide. I have not helped by having this run away feeling and am trying hard to ditch it but its not that easy. I have never had money troubles to speak of and am usually bubbly and outgoing but i am a shadow of the person i was once.I have an endless list and it is all of the back of the card and id theft. I think it made me feel very low.I have no savings left you see and am now living and trying to stretch every penny. I know we are all the same but if i had my original cash i would not have been getting nervous and dithering and losing track of things. its a poor excuse but sadly true. Thank you for being so kind.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update re CPP, I did complain and had a response in four days !!! Two of those were weekend. Basically it took them a day to put the letters together. Not much of an investigation.

ID protection complaint, they acted correctly and complaint not upheld. No mention of any particulars.

Card Protection Plan Does not cover my Fraud. Complaint not upheld. This is final on both letters and if I want to take it further It is the F.S.A.

Surely if i have put my money in the bank and added extra cover and i have not spent my money it goes missing then it should be getting investigated by somebody. Anyway i will keep you posted, CPP have listened to my calls, apparently and this is good because all their staff do is put the phone down on you and make you cry.

I wonder if we could get a listen to those calls. I have spent sometimes up to an hour on the phone they have no way had time to respond to me correctly and honestly as the facts have not been scrutinised in their entirety.

I am going to get my last 2 yrs bills for calls to them and see how many hrs i spent on the phone. That will be an enlightenment. I am no genius but i know when customer relations dept' are using shark-like tactics to get you off the phone and off their back.

Aggresive management. It is actually called bullying in my book and is zero tolerance, especially when dealing with extremely sensitive issues. I am disgusted that these tactics are allowed to be used and they are authorised.

I am Going to do exactly as they say, take it to FSA, get my phone records it is at least some proof, they should sit up a bit.

Then, i know for a fact that half of those calls are not handled correctly and they are very distressing calls from a Mother who is crying and being given the brush off. They will be shown to be as they are then, in the cold chilly light of day.

Edited by slick132
Put in para's so we can read the post

Hi Sweene,

Yes, you need to follow this up properly and lodge a formal written complaint to the FSA.

You should also keep pressure on the bank to investigate the fraud transactions with a view to getting your money back.

Keep your complaints as brief as possible. Leave out unnecessary detail and keep the complaints focused.

Have you sent off the SAR's that were mentioned earlier.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I never did, i got really bad right before that point and was struggling to manage as watched my life toppling down all over the place. Never the less i am focused and less emotional, and prepared to do the necessary I am happy to follow any advice,. I have had my knock and i have dusted myself down, it has taken a while to turn around but i did. Thanks to the support of CAG of course. .

Good, then do as I suggest:-

Write to the bank to get them to address your view that there has been serious fraud on your a/c.

Complain about CPP to the FSA as discussed above.

I did it! At last, it was not the monster task i was so afraid of, although i sent formal complaints to each again, then posted out SARs. I am doing the complaint to FSA now. Thanks slick123 and CAG and martin. I hope at least i will be able to post some good news soon, but i must stay under the rock for now as the bailiffs are still about. I can run but i cant hide. Good Start though. Thanks for giving me back the ability to see in the dark, I am grateful indeed for that and for all the support you offer and have given Myself and my Children.

Great progress Sweene. :-D

Keep us updated. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

CPPGroup plc

I am sorry, I have had to unapprove your posts - if you require Company rep status on
CAG
link31.gif
, would you please contact :

- there should be no spaces in the email address when using it.

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D