HFO Again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which ever orifice you can think of!

Your letter may not have filtered through the bush telegraph to the threat monkeys in India yet. Pity you could not record that call but report to OFT

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

A charging order? Without getting a CCJ first? My, they are clever!

Sorry, no they’re not – they’re idiots. Great big stupid dumb subnormal uneducated boorish pig-ignorant idiots. With a capital I. For Idiot. If you get my drift.

Sometimes I quite like it when they call to hear the desperation in their voice though I try to be good now and not talk to them. Have tried to explain to them before that a charging order needs to go through the courts but yes they are a bit thick. Its the same person that calls and she is a bit deranged.

Just an update on the lovely HFO - sent the statute barred letter which according to royal mail they received today. They rang about an hour ago saying they were ringing about a legal matter and they were putting a charging order on my property (didn't say they were ringing from HFO or any security questions just said hello). I replied ok and hung up. What is the deal with them ringing after receiving a statute barred letter? Are they stupid enough to continue court action after a statue barred letter?

They certainly seem stupid enough to have uttered a threat down the telephone without first ascertaining that they'd not dialled the wrong number.

Has there been cases of HFO doing that?

I would not be at all amazed if they had, perhaps in the hope of getting a default judgement if the alleged debtor did not bother to defend the case.

A charging order? Without getting a CCJ first? My, they are clever!

Sorry, no they’re not – they’re idiots. Great big stupid dumb subnormal uneducated boorish pig-ignorant idiots. With a capital I. For Idiot. If you get my drift.

Perhaps they are another DCA who believe that their solicitors can "issue" a CCJ?

The nearest pubs to their supposed offices in Wimbledon are too 'up market' to do a pub quiz.... although they might be found bragging in the Prince of Wales or the Walkabout! I am going to Wimbledon next week so might see if anyone is actually in their offices (on the pretext of jobhunting!).

The name board in Highland House claims they are on the 4th floor... but their address is 6th floor... maybe it’s a ruse to throw Caggers of the ambush trail? Think they may have moved to 4th floor from the smaller 6th to accommodate all the paperwork they’re busy making up.

(Yes, TR, the dreaded Donkey has been in your building...)

The nearest pubs to their supposed offices in Wimbledon are too 'up market' to do a pub quiz.... although they might be found bragging in the Prince of Wales or the Walkabout! I am going to Wimbledon next week so might see if anyone is actually in their offices (on the pretext of jobhunting!).

After first visiting a Spy Shop? :lol:

They certainly seem stupid enough to have uttered a threat down the telephone without first ascertaining that they'd not dialled the wrong number.

I would not be at all amazed if they had, perhaps in the hope of getting a default judgement if the alleged debtor did not bother to defend the case.

Their threat monkey in India though he would 'beat' my True Call the other day and used a different number, and he said on his 'whisper' straight in with "HFO calling from their pre-litigation department' no is this, are you, nothing, he of course got zapped.

• 2 weeks later...

HFO called again today claiming they are putting a charge on the property blah blah. It is over two weeks since they signed for the statute barred letter (the printed name for the signature was Roxborough) obviously I will add it to my OFT complaint but should I write to HFO to complain they are still making legal threats or is it just a waste of a stamp? Sorry I don't know how to record calls.

Was doing a bit of research into Validor and saw an advert for a job in their Indian call centre - the qualities they were looking for made me giggle see below

Desired Profile

Excellent conversation skills / Desire to learn new skills / Aligning and developing team culture and spirit / Ability to have more than one approach to a problem / Effective time management and discipline / Smart and witty thinking / Good academic track record / Proven track record of discipline and commitment

Learning to lie through your teeth on the phone and mis-interpret the British legal system. No, I am being unfair, I have always believed that these poor sods are told what to say and told that the people they are phoning are bordering on the criminal and have no rights. There was an excellent link on CAG once to a blog by one of their ex-employees in excellent english with some choice anglo-saxon phrases about the management, which had to be removed as it was so offensive

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

If you are going to complain you need to complain to your LOCAL Trading Standards - you should do this via Consumer Direct.

There is no point complaining directly to the OFT, they are not set up to get involved on behalf on individuals - thats what TS are meant to do - if you complain via Consumer Direct the OFT will have access to the data as they control Consumer Direct..

You should make it clear why you think they are breaking the law. Having evidence helps too.