HFO Again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Complaints to Consumer Direct and OFT, definitely, as we know there is a contact there looking at HFO so the more complaints that are brought to their attention the better. Ensure that you directly send OFT all the correspondence from HFO and a log of their calls and content (recordings too if you can get them). No need to quote their guidelines although it is worth looking at these but do emphasise the distress this is causing you.

OFT do not deal with individual cases but do compile a dossier of all complaints and are the only people who can do something about this company. Trading Standards can be helpful but can also be busy and understaffed so not always sure that they pick up on everything and pass it on.

HFO are not necessarily 'breaking the law' as such but there is guidance on how they should behave

OFT Guidance link

This helps when drafting a letter to OFT

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?416-The-OFT-Debt-collection-guidance

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any complaint made via Consumer Direct will be accesible to the OFT. They no doubt run database checks to see the latest trends etc

I am unsure whether they actually WANT people to send stuff in to them or whether its a hassle for them. Afterall if they require evidence they can always phone the complainer back from Consumer Direct data.

Also bear in mind many TS departments take responsibility for businesses in their areas, and if one particular company is causing a lot of hassle to consumers in their area then they will look into it. Therefore, things should not totally bypass TS (hence why CD is the best as it makes the data available everywhere).

• 3 weeks later...
Hi just a quick question - can a DCA take you to court with just a credit agreement but no statement of account? How can they tell what has been paid off from the loan already?

Cheers

Yes they can make a claim without any documents.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

They can make a claim, but thy may have great difficulty in convincing a judge of the true facts - so would you I am afraid, it is a bit of a lottery

donate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

• 1 month later...

Just a little update - HFO no longer write to us since the statute barred letter but they do phone once a month (usual rubbish). However I thought I would warn people I am 99 percent sure they phoned this week pretending to be another company angling for a mobile number. They have been desperate to get a mobile number for a while - not sure why as we do answer the house phone. Anyway just thought I would warn people to be careful who you are talking to.

WHY are HFO phoning you after you have informed them that this is SB? They should not be contacting you at all!! Please have a look at the OFT guidelines http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?416-The-OFT-Debt-collection-guidance . I would also suggest that you give Consumer Direct a ring and lodge a complaint http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

donate

Have complained a couple of times to OFT will try consumer direct. We have been writing down when they call - we haven't said to them when they ring that it is SB usually just hang up. I'm not really bothered if they do phone - its not very often and I think even the HFO woman is fed up with it. I did email and said I wanted to make a complaint about their telephone operator and asked for their complaints procedure but didn't hear anything back. Do you think I should write to them again and say they haven't sent an answer to the SB letter?

In addition Welcome have been rubbish and haven't sent us confirmation of who the account was sold to or a statement of account ho hum.

OFT cannot intervene in individual cases but Consumer Direct can. I would suggest that you resend a copy of the SB letter to HFO with a covering letter asking that they confirm receipt of this letter and cease all collection activity forthwith. Add 'Copy to OFT' to the HFO letter and make sure that you send a copy to them. send to HFO by recorded delivery and check they have received it.

donate

• 3 weeks later...