pb v barclaycard

paulpb123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a phone call from a debt collection agency called Mercer's. Barclaycard have shut down the account and sold the entire debt, totalling £650, because I didn't pay £24. Explained to the DCA that the debt is in dispute with a court case pending. They are sending a letter to verify this. This kind of intimidation is almost too much to take and I feel that this is disgraceful. I was putting the kids to bed when they phoned, which didn't help. Oh well, B******s to them!

Mercer's is Barclaycard's in-house DCA.

They are NOT an outside organisation. They will have details of your entire dealings with Barclaycard. Let them know that YOU know- tell them you are well aware of Mercer's status as a part of Barclaycard.:)

• Haha 1

Well, for a start you said that Mercer's have told you that Barclays had sold the debt.

LIE!!!

Mercer's are part of of Barclaycard- your account has NOT been sold to anyone! :)

BC use Mercers name to try to scare peeps into thinking that they are facing a DCA, so they cough up.

This isnt very nice is it? Certainly not within the OFTs guidelines...

Why have you stopped paying Barclaycard, though? True- they owe you, but then again- you owe them. Why make life any more difficult for the sake of £24. Any particular reason?

Because they annoyed me so much with persistent telephone calls (which were often quite rude) and I didn't feel like paying them £24 when they owe me a lot more. I thought that we were in dispute while the case is going through the court system. And during the time of the phone calls I didn't have £24! Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Another call from litigation dpt. Still only offering £600 and the lady I spoke to claimed to know very little about the case (yeah, right!). They want to send the statements to prove what they owe. I've said its too late, Barclaycard have broken the law and they've brought this on themselves, as well as causing me a great deal of grief into the bargain. Last night was the last straw when I got the call from Mercers. I've also told them that I will be asking the court to order my costs as well which amount to £320. That means my claim will be for £2,699. They will call again tomorrow apparently, but I don't think they will settle. Oh well, I've already booked the day off work, I've done everything by the book, submitted my documents, done my research, organised the babysitter and I'm ready to argue my case.

Cheers Noomill060,

I do appreciate your encouragement. I did pm one of the mods but no answer as yet. I know Barclaycard don't defend, but its still rather stressfull. Quite honestly I can't see that they've got a leg to stand on, they've flouted the law and treated me appalingly. Shame on them!

I've just called Mercers and they have said they are not part of Barclaycard. I then called Barclaycard who said that they are! Time is seriously running out now for Barclaycard to arrange to reinstate my account, settle my claim in full, including costs, and apologise for their disgraceful behaviour. Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Yes, and Barclaysharks are getting what they deserve. I look forward to the daily 5 pm call from their litigation dpt. No doubt still whingeing that they only owe me £600. Well sorry, Barclaycard, you need to start treating your customers with a bit more respect and abiding by the laws of this country. Hard to feel any sympathy, isn't it, for a company that announces record profits on the back of dealing so disgracefully with its customers.

good luck Paul

just subscribed to your thread....looks like you've got them seriously rattled.

nicely done

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

No, Noomill, no more calls from our lovely friends at Mercer's. Do Sharklaycard have a heart or a mind? They certainly don't have any balls! Thanks for your continuing support. Hi Brad, yes, they do appear to be a little rattled! I wonder who's going to fall off their surfboard first?

They are of course Paul - you are holding your nerve very well, I am in the middle of assisting my husband to get back his charges, the amount he owes on his card is very minor and when we first started on this back in September 2006 they refunded a small amount despite us refusing their kind offer, so when we could we raised a court action against them which predictably they acknowledged at the last moment, they have about 2 weeks left so expect to get the same kind of phone calls you've been getting. Been through it myself with Abbey and they paid up - so don't worry mate, you'll win through!Must admit I did not think they would take this route with my old man because once they pay back the charges he will only owe them about £100 - how tight is that!

Hi Miss M,

All the best with your claim. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, their last day before the hearing. I think I've got everything covered quite well now. I expect them to try to negotiate a lower amount, but I can't accept their figure of £600 or the latest of £1, 600 if they've not provided the statements. I've worked out the final amount, which includes costs, as £2, 725.02. My feelings are, if you treat people badly then expect the same. If anyone has been in this situation, any comments would be appreciated. They have until 4:00 pm tomorrow.