Success... kinda.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, you probably wont remember me, on account that I have forgotten my original profile detail on this site and am now using an alias. Lol.

Anyway, I first posted on here due to failing ESA claim and DLA claim (DLA used ESA's medical though in which I got 0 points, so unsurprising).

I won ESA first, the decision maker decided! Apparently that is rare, so I cannot tell you how important supplying them with extra information, and statements from your family is. It might take a long time, and persuasion of family members to be brutal and honest about your conditions, but its worth it. I was happy that I didn't have to go to tribunal and ended up going from 0 points, to being eligible for the support group of ESA. What a difference!

DLA then dug their heels in, and I ended up in tribunal, which I have been to this week. I won higher rate mobility and middle rate care! They appreciated the statements, and extra information. If you cant get a CAB person in your area, like here, the wait is 6 months for an advisor :o then you have to do your own back up legal type work. Keep a diary! Be very brutal and honest about how you feel, how you couldnt do things that day, write it in the style of DLA, (today i couldnt manage to cook etc) and take it with you.

Anyway, Thanks for the info. But I have the following questions, after googling for the last hour I seem to be going around in circles and am now completely confused.

Will being on ESA and now DLA affect my child tax credit (im a single mum, my daughter is 6) or housing benefit?(I even rang them up earlier to fore warn them of my impending change in circumstance, but the person on the phone, after putting me on hold several times didnt have a clue)

How long before DLA gets paid?

Will I have to wait like some of these poor people I have been reading about whose DLA tribunal decision has been appealed by the DLA people?

What is a disability premium? Am i right in thinking that I am not entitled as I claim ESA not IS?

Sorry for the probably stupid questions, but I am easily confused and just want a concrete answer lol.

Hugs to you all.

I only know the answer to one of the questions; disability premium.

I get incapacity benefit and about two thirds of it is income support and the rest is disability premium.

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Hi eagle, if you have no other adults living in your household and no one claiming carers allowance, you should be able to claim extra esa in the form of a severe disability premium. You need to phone the dwp and they will normally send you a short form to complete (or they may take the info over the phone). I think its an additional 55.30 a week. You should tell the housing benefit section and tax credits about the dla and change in esa rate, but it won't affect your entitlement - you should get full benefit for your eligible rent, and your tax credits will stay the same. If in the future you work, then being on dla would entitle you to additional working tax credit.

DLA can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks to be paid. Occasionally they appeal, but very occasionally. Normally everything goes through without a problem.

You should also contact your council to apply for a blue badge for parking.

Will being on ESA and now DLA affect my child tax credit (im a single mum, my daughter is 6) or housing benefit?(I even rang them up earlier to fore warn them of my impending change in circumstance, but the person on the phone, after putting me on hold several times didnt have a clue)

How long before DLA gets paid?

Will I have to wait like some of these poor people I have been reading about whose DLA tribunal decision has been appealed by the DLA people?

What is a disability premium? Am i right in thinking that I am not entitled as I claim ESA not IS?

Your Child Tax Credit will not be affected

If you are receiving income based ESA, then you will be passported to maximum HB/CTB - this is the same level as you would receive if you were in receipt of IS

If you are awarded contribution based ESA, then your Housing Benefit will be assessed based upon the inclusion of a Severe Disability Premium (due to your DLA as long as no one is claiming CA) and possibly an Enhanced Disability Premium (if you are receiving the support component in your ESA)

Not sure how long payments will take for DLA

Disability Premiums do not apply as you are in receipt of ESA

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.