Welcome Finance : Terms & Conditions (T&C's)

Dibbothe3rd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well a few developments have now happened. I have now gone self employed as my employer has cut my hours down. I am no longer employed by themn but now work self employed for them. As a result of this I may no longer be able to afford the repayments.

I have currently paid 19 repayments out of 48 and have 5 left to make it to the halfway amount. Instead of reclaiming the insurances, im thinking of asking them to offset it against the balance to make the total payments up to halfway and this would leave me about £5 short which I would pay them by cheque or postal order. I can then VT the agreement and return the car to them ASAP.

I am wondering if they would accept this as an alternative to having them pay me about £1300 for the insurances. least they can sell the car and get some more money.

what you think?

That is a logical way of doing it - however you are relying on the fact that Welcome will uphold your complaint and allow you to VT all before they default on payments etc.

Reclaiming from Welcome is a very long process so I would get the ball rolling and make it clear that you are wanting to offset a PPI reclaim back to your account and VT.

I wouldn't hold your breath on them agreeing but you could be lucky.

Well its not PPI im reclaiming, its mech breakdown and gap insurance that was both mis-sold ie 24 month mech cover payable over 48 months and also the fact that I never rec'd any insurance documentation when I initially took out the HP in March 2008. I received the documents on the 10th October 2009 after I requested them and now cancelling it all with the 30 day limited per their t&c's.

I wrote to them in the 19th October 2009 informing them I want to cancel and they rec'd the letter on the 21st October 2009. I have heard form Direct group who said welcome will be contacting me within 5 working days. that was 3 weeks ago and still heard nothing.

Thought this deal might sweeten the deal a bit and to get them to sort it out before I go to the FOS.

Its easier for them to offset the £1300 against the account than have to wait for me to pay it plus they need all the money they can get so if they had the car back now and sold it they would get a bit more money instead of delaying it for 5 months before I VT'd it anyway as the £1300 equals just about 5 monthly payments.

Another point is that I never got my £250 cash back from them when I took the car and they never fixed the dents and chips etc... like they said they would.

I know why they didnt sort the dents etc.. as the dozy sales rep didnt complete the after sales form correctly and therefore it was never put on the form, hence I never got a call to arrange it to go back in.

I think if i mention this in the letter and say im willing to fore-go this with the view they agree to my offer then it should be a done deal.

In my opinion they will be more accomodating if they think the money they are refunding you is going to go straight back on your account so I say your idea is worth a shot.

Don't be put off by the length of time it will take. Mine was sorted in three months without FOS interventaion, recieved my cheque yesterday.... just gotta bank it and hope that it doesn't bounce lol.

good luck

Well done emmilou!!!

I hope they will go for it. will save them time and hassle. If they dont respond to my request at all, I assume I can write to them to put the whole account in dispute and not pay a penny until its sorted?

Maybe I could offer them my deal and if they dont accept, threaten to put the account in dispute as they havent kept their side of the agreement under CCA 1974 whereby I may sue them for unsatisfactory services paid for and that the contract is not fulfilled.

might keep em on their toes heh heh

I've just checked through my paperwork Dib and it took them 3 weeks to respond to my initial complaint letter if thats any help to you... we were worried that we'd had no acknowlegment of the letter so we rang up a few days before we recieved it and they told us it had been sent out that day

Might be worth ringing up with your tracking number to get confirmation that they have recieved it and ask if they've sent out a reply yet.

will give em a ring tomorrow lunch and see whats what. its been over 3 weeks now so should of had an acknowledgement.

Thanks JonCris, will take note of that. At the moment I have just asked for the premiums paid ie all of it as its front loaded and the interest on it per the agreement. not added any extra interest yet, but I guess I should if I have to chase them.

Dibbo, take a look at the agreement you have posted up.......

Next to your address is a square of four 2D barcodes

each 2D Barcode can hold up to 249 characters

996 characters in total

What do you think it contains.......................... :?::?::?:;)

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Check the FSA site The creditor must pay any refund direct to the customer & not offset it against the account even if it is in arrears

where is this on their site jon...

tried to find it..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dibbo, take a look at the agreement you have posted up.......

Next to your address is a square of four 2D barcodes

each 2D Barcode can hold up to 249 characters

996 characters in total

What do you think it contains.......................... :?::?::?:;)

I bet its the policy details!!

Phoned direct Group this morning, they cannot cancel the policies and was directed to call Welcome Compliance. get get through to them as it just rings and rings.

anyway, I was told by Direct group that they couldnt cancel it as they only allow 45 days from the start of the contract. This totally contradicts their T&C's which says 30 days from day of purchase of contract or day on which documents are received, whichever is the later.

I also have wording that the premuims are paid in one go at the start of the policy, therefore the insurances are paid upfront.

Having been on this site for a good month or so now and having read many threads detailing peoples problems with Welcome, Us consumers do seem to be the innocent party in what seems mass scale fraud and malpractice. Any Business will always have custom if there are trusted and provide good service. Unfortunately Welcome have failed to do both in the past and its time to put that right.

Most of us had turned to Welcome as a last resort as they never said no to anyone, but what we didnt expect was to be taken advantage of.

In light of that, having found out that Welcome / Cattles has gone through some major problems of their own and are up to their eyeballs in trouble, it seems to me that the only way out for them is to change and admit their failings and get them corrected.

Now I dont like to see companies go under, people lose jobs etc.. and that aside I certainly wouldnt like Welcome or associated companies go under due to certain employees acting in their own interests instead of the company's or their customers.

I started this thread because at the end of the day we are all human and I would like everyone of our problems solved but it seems that Welcome just dont know how to handle it all.

As Welcome trawl this site to find out what we are doing, why dont we all put our 2p worth into some constructive ideas that would help Welcome sort our problems out and correct all the wrong doings of the past.

Please refrain from flaming them as we can do that in out own threads!!!

I will start by suggesting that they own up and correct all active and disputed agreements and repay everything that is due to be repaid within 3 months to get the accounts back on track so that people are more likely to repay what is owed.

from reading threads i have to agree with post the best they can do is disappear

but in sensible fashion first recommendation has to be to train their staff in customer service as the way they speak to account holders is absurd and truely not the way to make people want to pay!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

im trained in customer service myself and had many not nice tasks with 'clients' on the telephone with my previous employment with a local authority but not once would i ever have spoken to anyone like they speak to people they are patronising, abrupt and in some cases down right rude! although dont seem able to accept it when clients are rude and abrupt in return! i would have been sacked for speaking to people even half as bad as they do and the managers are the worst in my experience! its disgusting have they never heard the customers is always right :p

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Yep... Its is very poor and as a company rule we show a diversity dvd on a regular basis to our staff and this lot would not even know what that was. To be honest ours is for the staff to keep them sweet and know what the rules are... I have pointed out to Welcome many times that the service they are giving is well below par and I am the customer but hey ignore that. I think my calm attitude on the phone winds them up to be honest, I dont bite and dont care what they say to be honest. If only we had Postggj about 5 to 6 years ago, it is because of him that I have that attitude with them to be honest. Anyone on here who is having problems needs to be aware that whatever the state of the contract they have of the financial difficulties they are having, financila organisations or companies they they are signed to have to treat them with respect.. As I have said many times...It is not a crime to be having Financial Difficulties and these companies have a duty to help people through it !!!