BT Business Billing Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We are posting to see if anyone can help us with the issue we are having with BT.

In November last year we approached BT to ask them to design a website for our company. The sales advisor told us over the phone that we could pay for the website over one year and we would receive the invoice on our quarterly bills.

We received our first invoice nearly 2 months ago and the full cost of the website was billed. We telephoned BT immediately and we were advised that someone would get back to us with regards to the issue. It took a month for someone to eventually ring us and they advised us the following:

- it is not BT policy to spread payments for websites over a year

- there was no record of this agreement being made

- we have until April to pay the outstanding amount or we would receive "disruption to our services"

We have tried to speak to BT several times but we have been passed from pillar to post and nobody seems to be able to want to carry out what we originally agreed. BT appear to ignore the fact that one of their sales advisors had agreed we could pay over the year (whether it was policy or not), and their level of customer service has been disgusting. After this, we will never be using BT again.

Has anyone else experienced issues like this with BT? If so, we would like to hear from you as we are stuck as to what to do next.

Success CV Limited

Its a sad situation that anything sold or advised now either needs to be confirmed in writing or recorded for record if like me has memory problems. Anotherwords we cant trust what told verbally.

There are issues with all providers in some shape or form.

Insist on what you were told, ask them to listen to the call which should have been recorded when a transaction or contract is ordered. I am sure it could be found if you said we did not order anything:lol:

You can make a subject access request to the provider concerned and especially ask for screeshots and transcripts of calls regarding what was agreed.

Could it be this rep said it was able to spread the payments to sign you up not worrying about you finding out later you had been misled? Hopefully not and this is a simple miscomunication.

I would email or write a letter of coplaint and if that is rebutted get the subject access request.

There are problems with all providers, it depends on the integrity of that compnay if they want to keep your business wether they care or not to sort it xx

well your first mistake is to have started to make business dealings of any kind on the telephone without recording that call. Sorry to say but if you're a business you really should know better and I'm sure that you can find hundred pounds to get a good call recorder installed.

Your second mistake was to try and sort out the problem on the telephone without recording that call. Certainly if you've received a threat on the phone that you will suffer some disruption of your service, this is extremely serious but I am quite sure that they won't repeat it in writing.

I'm afraid that the only thing that I think can be done is first of all to install a call recorder and then to phone up on a kind of "spoof call" pretending to be somebody else and asking for the same service and see if you can get the same promises made. Of course I suppose they will want to know about you first - what telephone number and name and so forth. You will have to be prepared for that and have all the correct answers in place. I suppose this means that you will have to do get somebody else to do it for you – or at least use their details.

If you are lucky enough to get exactly the same kind of promises made to you and you have recorded, then I think that you are home and dry.

Otherwise it is your word against theirs and I can tell you that British Telecom are not renowned for being very flexible. They are another big organisation who have had it too good for too long

• 2 months later...