non payment of JSA

jnberry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI I signed on for JSA on wednesday and usually my fortnightly payment goes into my account on a saturday but it wasnt in my account today. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? Any advice welcome.

only once when someone didn't put it on the system,contact them monday benefits only appear on bank working days.as long as you have signed showed your evidence have not had any other problems with them then it should be fine.

Although you normally get your payment on a Saturday, it's not due till the Monday. I'll explain. For JSA payment is due three working days after signing. As you sign on a Wednesday, your payment is due by the following Monday. BACS payments normally take three working days to process but some banks/BS allow accounts to credit on a Saturday. Check your account (preferably in branch if no funds show at the cashpoint because the BDC have been known to ask people to go back and ask in branch) on Monday and if no payment is there then contact the centre which processes your benefit (the number will be on any letters that they have sent you), because by Monday you are due the funds.

What they will do is check to see if the payment has been issued. If it has not, they will issue it - ask them how long for it to credit. If they say three working days, and you cannot wait that long, ask if they have the facility to do a FEP (Fast Electronic payment which will credit the same day) or, if not, a personal issue (giro which you collect at the local Jobcentre and cash at the post office).

If the payment has been issued they will look at replacing the payment (again ask how long it will take) whilst they investigate whether it has been issued to the correct account. They might send you a form for you and your bank/BS to complete.

• Confused 1

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Erica is right about the 3 working days.

You need to contact the BDC in the first instance if your money has not been credited into your account on Monday morning as the JCP offices do not deal with payments.

If the JSAPs system wasn't updated when you signed Wednesday the BDC will contact the JCP office to advise of this and request that it is updated asap. The BDC should then call you back within the normal 3 hour call back and discuss payment options with you.

If the JSAPs systems was updated and the payment was credited you will be sent for QB42 to take into your bank for them to complete regards the missing payment. This form will normally be posted to you by 1st class post with a first class reply envelope. If you fall into a "vunerable" group you can request an AJCS (Accessing Jobcentre Customer Service) appointment and the form can be issued from your JCP office for you to take to the bank and then returned to the JCP office where it can be faxed over and original sent via TNT, "vunerable" group is open to interpretation btw!

There are many things that it could be such as JSA contribution based exhausting, sanctions, suspensions, missed evidence bank glitches etc.

In the JCP where I work we have a fail safe we show the customer that we have updated the JSAPs system at the end of their signing and if for any reason we can't we send an immediate e-mail to the BDC then at 4pm one of the signing team goes through all the cases for customers who signed that day and checks that evidence has been updated on JSAPs to prevent missed payments. We note all records to say if there was a problem updating the JSAPs system and state what action was taken.

• Confused 1

How did you get on today, jnberry?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)