Arrow Global/Advantis Credit/Orange

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new here and was wondering if someone can help me in dealing with this problem.

I recieved a letter from advantis credit who are claiming to be appointed to collect payment of a debt which I owe to Global Arrow. It also states that the "debt owed to arrow global assigned by Orange". Now I had an account with Orange in 2005/2006 (cant remember exactly) and I to my knowledge the account was paid and closed when I took out another contract. It doesnt give any more details over then the amount which is £400!!!!

Now my questions are

How do I get them to tell me where this debt is from and what I owe it for and why Orange have sold this debt with out telling me (this is what I assume they mean by it was assigned to Global by orange). They also called me on my mobile (which I have no idea where they got the number from) and asked me to confirm my details (which I refused), to which they lady on the phone replied I will post you a letter and then hung up!

What is the best thing to do here, should I send them a "prove it" letter that I have heard so much about in previous threads regarding these matters.

Obvousily I dont want to end up with a CCJ for a debt I'm not sure I have, particulary when I havent heard from the company for nearly 5 years.

I have checked my credit report (via experian) and there is no sign of this account from Orange??

Many Thanks for any help

Chris

ENTRY NUMBER: C7

Name:Address: Date of birth:Company name:ARROW GLOBAL LIMITED Who's this? Account type:CommunicationsStarted:06/05/2005Default Balance:£407Current Balance:£407Defaulted On:12/06/2006File Updated for the Period to:10/10/2010

Sorry guys, getting really stressed about all of this, is this prove it letter really the best way to go. I'm honestly thinking of trying to raise the money to pay them :(

right Arrow Global from Manchester, are debt purchasers and sellers in other words another DCA,so much more important to send the proove it letter,as it is possible that Orange have sold the alleged debt and you seem to be unaware of this possible situation

sorry I cant give you a direct link to the template letter small prob with laptop

do not get stressed about this,we can help,nobody says its easy but,there is a lot of knowledge on this site

FS

yes it is worth fighting it.

i actually had Arrow turn up on my door step looking for me.

i assume it was for Vodafone, even though that was paid years ago.

i sent him packing, sent a prove it letter, got sent back a document typed in word claiming to be my terms and conditions with my signature on it, there was no signature and the account number they claimed was different on 3 seperate pages!! lol.

theyre a bunch of clowns, dont pay them! make them prove it, chances are 99% they cannot prove it.