Help Please DEBT COLLECTORS HOUNDING ME

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Johnny,,, don't stress now. Let them demand what they want, it's what they get that counts. Just watch Mr Carter, he's one for the Wall when the revolution comes. Any malarkey from him post up for the guy's and girls to advise... Offer what you can not what they want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have missed an awful lot out of your expenditure, what about house insurance, travel expenses, children's clothes, school meals, tv licence seems wrong... need more on that.... what about prescriptions Sit down and think long and hard about your expenses......

I'm not an as experienced as others on this site but can try help. First off you can fill out a proper budget sheet from National Debt line website and print it off and send to them. I see you may have missed a few things off your calculations like Council tax, clothing, school dinners, transport costs etc you should draw up a proper budget sheet from the website as they include things that you may have missed out.

As for any DCA phoning you. Just say everything in writing and put down the phone. Don't get into an coversation and refuse to answer there security questions. Send them the telephone harrassment letter available in the templates libary

Anything eles regarding looking at credit agreements and your rights, then more experienced people on here can help you with that. I do strongly advise phoning CAB or National Debt Line. There not good at challenging debts but are good at writing to your creditors and helping you with replayments that you can afford.

The idea of doing an I&E form is to provide you with 'accurate' figures by which you can offer realistic payments, fabricating payments or inflating them will not do you any favours, especially if it does end up in the lap of a DJ.

CAG is NOT about debt avoidance, it is to allow consumers to reclaim their legal rights, inflating or fabricating I&E forms will only undermine those who are genuinely offering these to OC's and DCA's just for them to come back with "we know you can pay more".

Please don't give bad debt advice to people who may be in a very vulnerable position.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

JUST HAD BRYAN CARTER ON THE PHONE WANTING 310 a week from today and dcl kicking off because i cancelled the dd ....tonight i am gonna put on here every debt i owe,how much,and what they want each week

Simple hang up, whatever he has to say, can be committed in writing, when he issues a SD, you MUST defend this, ruddy fleecer is having a giraffe if he thinks anyone in this day & age has that amount of disposable income to throw away each week.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I think you have missed an awful lot out of your expenditure, what about house insurance, travel expenses, children's clothes, school meals, tv licence seems wrong... need more on that.... what about prescriptions Sit down and think long and hard about your expenses......

I agree, you have missed a substantial amount from your essential expenditure. Put absolutely everything you can think of down, particularly in relation to the children. If there is 50P per month left over for creditors, tough!

Bazooka Boo, you normally advise everything down as an expenditure - Beer, Cinema, Call girls etc! Not becoming mellow I hope!

Jonny, once you take control and decide what you will pay, even if it is £1 per month you will feel very empowered. Added to this the ability to say F. off to anyone who calls you and you will feel so much better. I mentioned on another thread I know a propert developer who owes the banks 17 Million. He offered £100 per month and this was accepted by the court.

Regarding the I & E , remember this is entirely for your benefit only and you have no obligation to provide it to any of the scumbags and fleecers chasing you. It does not matter what you list, they will rip it apart and tell you there is no need to buy your children shoes etc. A complete waste of time in my view, I would never provide this unless ordered by a court.

Johnny,, Listen good now. You have had some great cagers on here and they know what they are on about. So Chill out!!!!!!! Let's take a deep breath,, aghhhhh that's better,,, even better with the funny wacky backkey, never mind here goes.

1. Up to you whether you cancel the visit from Greenwoods. If he come's explain as you have been told on here that you are reviewing your financial situation and will expect to give them an answer in xxx weeks or days whatever. But add the proviso that's it's not looking too good and you may be looking at token payments of £xx.xxx also that you are visiting one of the debt charity's shortly. Now what can he do.... NOTHING absolutely nothing. I am of the camp that feels politeness is costing me nothing. But up to you. Even if he kicks off at your door you can politely hand him the letter of tort trespass. End of that scenario.

Now thanks to these good people on here I expected to be in court four years ago and bankrupt without a roof over my head. I have at the last count £41,000 of unsecured debt, own my own home which is in a neg equity situation. My priorities thanks to people like Bazooka and Rockwell and formister is to pay your priority debts first and then see what's left. In my case nothing. Have to travel to work on a push bike or bus now to get the £1.00 token payments. All my creditiors are at present happy as I have nothing to hide and they do a review either every six or twelve months.

The worst part for me was at the start.....the threats the demands the God know's what else. Until a kind colleague at my hospital told me about this site. It was the best move I did. I now sleep easy and have been for three and a half years. I have paid off completely 3 small debts and am about to bring down another. Because if I have any spare cash after my living expenses it goes on the one's with the high interest. Not fair on the others I know. But hey,

Yes some clown might come out of the woodwork and take me to court. I will come to that bridge when it arrives. Or try and make me BR. Again, so what... Save's me £600. But as a lot of my CC are pre 94 or pre 2000 I see a little problem arising. I would straight away pop my court summons on line here and then proceed to ask for the relevant paper work.

I am trying to assure you that you are in control. To put it in to perspective, YOU OWE THEM. I have just been conned out of £250 for a phone, which looks like it was stolen or lost. Sold by a work colleague mind you. Now I am trying to get my money back and it is damn difficult. Your the one or a court that dictates what you pay.

Now chill and let us know how it went with Greenwoods.

The message here is only pay your priority debts, stop worrying about the others - tell them that you acknowledge no debt to them and require proof, you have no disposable income (that is what is left after priority debts and normal living expenses) and you cannot enter into a payment agreement at this time even if they they prove that they actually have a claim. You have multilpe debts claims against you and have to be fair to all creditors who have indicated that they have a claim .

You are doing your best to sort this situation out and are in the process of seeking independent advice. You request the time to do this and continued harassment is affecting your health, wellbeing and family ( lay it on with a couple of shovels)

Try and draft a standard letter that includes the above.

Work out your I and E properly so that you can offer payment to any creditor with an enforcable claim, but only what you can afford and get them to prove it first.

Check out the enforcability of each debt by using CCA and SAR requests.

However, do not speak to anyone on the phone, tell them to foxtrot and only to communicate in writing with you or else you will report them to the appropriate authorities - OFT and Consumer Direct

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

SO IF I PAY SAY TBI 25 A MONTH INSTEAD OF THE 80 and dont miss any payments can they still take me to court and will the judge agree with them or me,

Jonny, with respect I suggest you go back and read the previous posts and take note of what is said. Priority debts only, you have children! If you wish to make a payment on the other non priority debt offer £1 per month absolute maximum - take it or leave it! if they complain or reject it tell them the next offer will be 50P per month.

If anyone comes to your home again give them 5 seconds to clear off or there will be trouble!

If someone came here and tried to extort money from me they would be carried off my property.

Take control! believe me, you will feel rejuvinated and ready for anything!

They rang my mobile but i did not answer and they left a message but i could not listen to it as i have no credit...also iqur dca are after me for my tv licence what are they like...

Idiot Iqor are easy enough to deal with, you just ignore them, how much in arrears are you for your TV licence?

Good advice by all Johnnyc, what's with this £25.00 malarkey. Blow the time out whistle on all your non-priority debts and inform your creditors I will be back to u with a sensible offer. As coledog say's, sit down, do it properly, these people have no powers what so ever.

As rock say's, they get funny you get funny....1.00 down to 50p and so on.... You will when you stop worrying about these ****-bags see the sense in what these good people say. Johnny, I know, I can give you a reference. See my last post. Still not court. or BR or charging order on me £40k non priority debts after nearly three years. If that don't tell you something then I don't know what will. (reason Hippy is sleeping at night with no worries) I have these great guy's and dolls on this site fighting my corner should anything nasty crawl out the woodwork.

oh by the way you good guy's and dolls WHY WONT MY PROFILE PICTURE APPEAR....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there you go Johnny I am more worried about me profile picture that any nasty DCA's

I think you have to post your pic as an avator. Its in the edit profile bit

welcome and hfc..........

fire them each off an sar

both will have heaps of charges to reclaim & both will have PPI i bet too!

that will also tell you the date of your last payment in 2002 and the start again in 2008

now there is a nice twist here......................

if they write back saying its past years and they have distroyed the paperwork, then GAMEOVER for those two you do not owe them a penny because no-one will be able to prove its not SB'ed.

it might also be an advantage to do the same to any CC debts or other loans debts too that are getting old, as i bet there are charges/ppi on them too awaiting reclaiming.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

stop, calm down, listen to the advice

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

welcome and hfc..........

fire them each off an sar

both will have heaps of charges to reclaim & both will have PPI i bet too!

that will also tell you the date of your last payment in 2002 and the start again in 2008

now there is a nice twist here......................

if they write back saying its past years and they have distroyed the paperwork, then GAMEOVER for those two you do not owe them a penny because no-one will be able to prove its not SB'ed.

it might also be an advantage to do the same to any CC debts or other loans debts too that are getting old, as i bet there are charges/ppi on them too awaiting reclaiming.

dx

Jonny,

What dx said here is very important - instead of giving £10 to one of these fleecers, use it to request a SAR (template is available here) you may be very surprised by what you find!