No ESA assessment taken place after 13 weeks

Trustdeeds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been claiming ESA for 13 weeks as of today. I had expected contact to be made to me about the assessment I would have to undertake regarding which support group I would be in. If no contact has been made does this mean that they have decided which group I will be in without an assessment interview.

Thanks

Sorry, no. Unfortunately it usisally takes longer than 13 weeks to have the medical scheduled - for me it was 5 months. There isn't anything you can do except wait, and do lots of reading on how to handle the medical. There's a sticky on here and lots of other accounts here and elsewhere on the internet.

I started claiming ESA in Feb 2009, it wasn't till Dec 2009 that I had my medical, it took two months after the medical before a decision to award me ESA was made, you need to wait a bit more I'm afraid, its annoying and frustrating, but thats the benefit system. Good luck with your claim.

Thanks for all replies and advice.

Leemack

Receiving DLA - Care Component Middle Rate, Mobility Component Higher Rate. As my wife is working (teacher) I cannot claim any other benefits. The ESA though was awarded when my statutory sick pay ran out after 26 weeks. If no longer employed I know am able to claim JSA (max 6 months) but as I am still sick and unable to work I was wondering if I no longer qualify for ESA at the end of February. I realise I can only claim either JSA or ESA but ESA seems the better choice as it isn't restricted to 6 months.

• 1 month later...

Hi , I never got told how long it will be until I am reviewed.

I have been claiming ESA now for 18 months I think.

I'm scared to ask because I cant face going through all this again.

You don't need to supply sick notes if you're in either the Support Group or the WRAG. However, it's wise to check that the system has been updated correctly - it's supposed to automatically remove the requirement but, well, it's an old computer system and mistakes get made.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks for the reply sj01. I understand you not contacting them in case it brings forward any review. Do you still have to provide sick notes to the ESA every three months?

Hi, No as soon as my tribunal was successful I didnt need to send notes any more.