Chezclarke & hubby VS Barclays

chezclarke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I have just received the standard letter from the data protection and am awaiting the bank statements from them. We have worked out that for my hubbys account it should be about 4,000£ charges and for my own a couple of hundred. In for a penny in for a pound eh! Will be looking for advice as it goes on! :)

Cheryl.

Cheryl :roll:

Barclays Account 1 ~ March 11th *WON* ~ £2600.00

Barclays Account 2 ~ Awaiting court date.

MBNA ~ May 2nd ~ £440 *WON*

HFC ~ April 3rd ~ £380 *WON*

HFC #2 ~ May 10th ~ £75 *WON*

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

Welcome Cheryl and keep us posted on your progress. Feel free to shout, someone is always around somewhere to help :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Im still waiting on the bank statements from barclays! Any idea how long they take? should I try and chase them up? Its been three weeks now and Im starting to get abit concerned as I know most of you got them within a week or two!

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

Hi Cheryl,

They are a bit random - they sent me statements for my account very quickly, but I'm still waiting on statements for my husband's account, even though the letters were sent on the same day, and responded to at the same time.

Hang in there, they should be with you within 40 days...if you want you can write to them to remind them of this.

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks crash, good to know that Im not the only one waiting on them! Looks like your process is a week ahead of mine, your DPA was sent on the 22nd of august ours was the 3rd of sept. Will keep you posted!!

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

• 1 month later...

Hi Cheryl,

Was wondering how you were getting on? We are running fairly parallel I think. I've still not got my statements so sent a Letter Before Action off today giving them 7 days to comply.

It may be a geographical thing as I was living in Bristol at the time I had the account!!

Got my fingers crossed that you're doing OK

Denise

:oops: Some days you're the windscreen.. some days you're the fly!! :razz:

04 Sept 06 - Data Protection Act S.A.R letter sent

09 Sept 06 - blah blah letter and cheque returned - "you'll receive your statements in the next few weeks"

07 Nov 06 - Letter Before Action for non-compliance with S.A.R sent

20 Nov 06 - Received letter saying your statements are now ready for collection from your nearest branch!

Howdy, was going to post today as in some amount of termoil!!

Got the statements, worked mine and hubbys out at just over £3000 with the interest, sent the letters asking for it (without the interest) with my spreadsheets. Got the usual, 'get back to you in 28 days' bullpoop. After 14 days sent the LBA and have now received today a settlement figure from then and I am at a loss what to do! It comes in at around £1100 so alot less than goin to the court, but we get the money now (in time for christmas and other things that need paying soon). My hubby has said since I am the one doing it he doesnt mind what I decide to do as he didnt think we would get anything (ever the pessimist lol)

So now I am in a mixed up emotional state! Do i accept the settlement or go after them and expect it after christmas?!

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

Good Morning. Got letters from Barclays this morning basically saying Im sorry you still dont feel happy, but the offer is all we are offering so screw you...in short!

The first sentance is 'I am sorry you remain unhappy following our response to your complaint and note that whilst you are accepting the amount offered, you will be seeking the balance through the Small Claims Court' Is this supposed to scare me?! I fully understand that they think I wont go through a court case to get the money, but I bloody well will...cheeky so and so's!!

What is the next step, they still have 10 days remaining until we can file for the court, is there anything I need to do before then or is it just a case of waiting 10 days then taking them for all they are worth?!

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

Just read the FAQs and step by step guide and look at the posts on this forum.

When the 10 days is up file your claim.

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

• 1 month later...

Howdy all! Sorry it has been so long, been very busy what with christmas blah de blah.

Filed the MCOL on the 6th of december and it was deemed as served on the 8th. Barclays have until the 22nd to file a defense. I hope they dont as it would save me plenty of paper printing, no to mention extra trips to the post office which I could really do without right now since I seem to live there already!

Just a quick question really, I have received a letter from the court just stating that the case has been served to the defendant and that they have 14 days to file a defense. It doesnt actually state that I need to send anything in at this stage - do I just wait until they file (if they do) and send all my paperwork in with the court bundle?

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

When and if they file their defence, the court will send both parties an Allocation Questionnaire. They will give you 14 days to complete and return the AQ.

A judge will then consider the merits of the case and probably set a hearing date.

Once you have been notified of the hearing date you should start to prepare the bundle which needs to be sent to the Court and to Barclays 14 days before the hearing date

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

Howdy. Well the 22nd was the day that barclays had to file their defense by....and they havent filed anything - defense or acknowledgement, but when I click on default the claim, it states that they require 14 days from the date of issue. The date the claim was issued was the 6/12/06 and the date it was deemed served was 8/12/06 -- am I missing something?! I was certain that it was 14 calendar days not working days? Is it because of christmas that everything is delayed or something? Hope someone can point me in the rigth direction! Thanks

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

If you filed on the 6th of December, then the date deemed served is the 11th - 5 days. That's where the 14 days to acknowledge starts - 25th December. Then, once acknowledged, they have a further 14 days to defend - 8th January 2007.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 1 month later...

Barclays filed their defense on the 28th! I wasnt here to check the MCOL website though so was very annoyed when we returned on the 29th to find the defense filed :-x

They filed late though so I suppose that will hold in my favour! I have filled in the AQ and returned it, along with our 100£ for the court fees. Still havent heard anything more from the courts though. How long roughly does it take to actually be given a date?

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved a letter from the court finally stating that the hearing date is the 12th of march, and asking for our court bundle to arrive before the date as usual. I have downloaded the ZIP court bundle and was just wondering how much of it will actually be relevant to a current account claim. Ive read through most of it but I have no idea if its relevant or not since it is like Im reading hebrew or something!

I have copies of all the letters and barclays responses to send along with the up to date charges list with interest etc, its just the actual court bundle bit that has stumped me!

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

• 2 weeks later...

Sent the sourt bundle the last thursday via recorded delivery...was only £1.99 I was quite surprised as it weighed a freaking tonne lmao!!

169 pages :eek: EACH!!

Hopefully will hear something soon and they will give us back our bloody money!!

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

• 2 weeks later...

Got home from collecting sprog from nursery this morning to find a letter from barclays offering £2543. Got DH to ring them up and say the full amount is £2708. Unfortunately he isnt very forcefull on the phone and ended up settling for £2600.00. Have amended the letter also crossing out the confidentiality junk and am sending it back tomorrow morning recorded 1st class. Mr Lombardi said the money could be in the bank by tuesday next week. I also put a note stating that we would not be informing the court until the settlement money has been put in the bank...they are no way getting out of THAT!

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

• 5 months later...

Hi all. My court date is the 6th of August for my claim as hubbys has already been settled. I have just sent an email to the litigation tteam...are barclays settling any claims now? or are they going to every court case and trying to fight it out?

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending

Thanks saintly_1 -- hoping that they dont get away with a stay...I want my money back now,...not in a few years time lol

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending