QuickQuid - help....please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, am really hoping you can offer me some help/advice on dealing with my QQ loan, as I have got myself into a stupid spiralling mess

I stupidly took out a small loan with them, which has subsequently increased each month...and now I owe then £1200 (to be paid at end of this month - so would like to get somethng sorted before I have to take out an even bigger loan with them to get me thru feb!!).

I was thinking of ringin them and telling them that I want to set up a payment plan with them, but should I talk to my bank first and cancel my card (the repayment are taken from my debit card)?

Has anybody had a similar situation with QQ and if so, what is their process? If I request a payment plan and they refuse what can I do? I could probably afford to pay them £100 a month.

I don't really want to go to cccs to arrange an offical debt management plan as I have other loans with banks and welcome that are due to paid off this year, and I would rather continue with paying those as agreed - without having them consolidated with this one with QQ.

Any help and advice would really be appreciated. Thanks

Hi, am really hoping you can offer me some help/advice on dealing with my QQ loan, as I have got myself into a stupid spiralling mess

I stupidly took out a small loan with them, which has subsequently increased each month...and now I owe then £1200 (to be paid at end of this month - so would like to get somethng sorted before I have to take out an even bigger loan with them to get me thru feb!!).

I was thinking of ringin them and telling them that I want to set up a payment plan with them, but should I talk to my bank first and cancel my card (the repayment are taken from my debit card)?

Has anybody had a similar situation with QQ and if so, what is their process? If I request a payment plan and they refuse what can I do? I could probably afford to pay them £100 a month.

I don't really want to go to cccs to arrange an offical debt management plan as I have other loans with banks and welcome that are due to paid off this year, and I would rather continue with paying those as agreed - without having them consolidated with this one with QQ.

Any help and advice would really be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to CAG Weller

Get card reported as lost or stolen as a starter as this offer you some protection from them helping themselves. A new account is the only certain way. QQ will normally accept payment plan over 3 months. I am assuming that they have added charges to yours. QQ will normally accept just the loan and original interest back. Reply to their e-mails and no doubt they will be akward to start off with. For most folk the only answer is to wait for them to pass to a DCA in UK. They are based in America and have no idea how debt collection works here. Ultimately you will get a plan at some point just don't be bullied in to paying over the odds. For what is worth I think £100 per month is generous.

I believe QQ use direct debits routinely so watch out for them setting one up on your account without telling you first.

Thank you for your messages. Gunna cancel card, hopefully they wont try take owt from account - will tell bank not to accept any DD from them. I will let you all know how I get on.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Think I will wait for it to go to DCA as no way I can afford to pay mine over 3 months either!, You heard the messages they leave on the phone? A ddgy American person sayin QQ, sounds all weird, but anyway think DCA it is then

Just to let u know I had a default on my credit file from these n have successfully got it removed this week I don't think they are based in uk so I found some flaws in their entry..,, my DOB was recorded the American way meaning it was inaccurate on my file compared to others and they can not produce a default notice all correspondence is via email. I tricked them into advising this and confirming nothing was sent to my add before asking for a copy of default notice! They also record it as a mail order catalogue which once again they are not so after lots of emails and threats it has been agreed to remove it from my file

I know this isn't helpful, but what on earth made you do such a stupid thing? I thought that no one used it.. What made yo so desperate you went to a loan shark?!

Not really a fair comment, they are considered a bona fida company and Wonga were recently given a seal of approval by sponsering TfL New Year Eve free tube travel.

I have used quickquid on occasions only for a £100 or so and as a last resort, but i can easily see how it can spiral out of control quite easily.

Remember loans (at a low APR) are getting increasingly harder to get these days.

Andy