bond help required

m.bentley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help: my sister has lived in a private rented house through a letting agent.In July this year there was a fire in the house caused by a gas leak:- luckily both my sister and her 2yrold child managed to escape the fire.There was a lot of damage to the house and contents.My sister was insured the landlord was not.My sisters insurance co have been to the house and done the usual insurance assessment nearly everything was smoked damaged and destroyed.The landlord is now being funny stating there is damage to this and that and bathroom stuff is missing, but this was because it was damaged in the fire and insurance co have destroyed them.We are having trouble getting the bond £750.00 and nearly three weeks rent £370.00 back from them now.

1.the landlord had no insurance so is trying to claim from my sister for fixtures and fittings is this allowed?

2.do I take the landlord or the letting agent to the small claims court?

3.is she in her right to claim for the three weeks rent she had paid for but not lived there because of the fire?

hope this makes sense help needed urgently:::::::::

TBH I thought it was illegal to not have buildings insurance on a rented property might be worth checking.

1. No no damage caused by the fire as long as it wasnt her fault should be paid for by her

2. Landlord is ultimately responsible - was there a valid gas safety certificate?

3. Claim it back you shouldnt pay rent if the house was uninhabitable

Good luck

thanks for that info Rich 44, Iam just putting a LBA letter together using some info from another thread I found, should my sister say nothing more to the letting agent, she is supposed to be ringing tomorrow with a break down of the damages they are claiming?