Parking Ticket with no Penalty on it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a ticket on sat morning. Not denying I shouldnt have got it but hey.

My problem is I dont want to pay it like the rest of us and looking for a way out.

On the ticket it states I have 14 days to pay BLANK andif I dont pay then it will be doubled to BLANK

On previous parking tickets I have had it should read £30 and £60 in the blanks.

As it doesnt tell the penalty payment can I get off with this one.

Heres hoping.

Duncan

is your ticket issued by a council traffic warden or a police traffic warden, im not sure about the council ones but if its a police one which is not within a pouch stuck to your window then you have the right to appeal and you will get off with it. the council on the other hand are a different matter and im not sure of their legislation for the tickets but to me if the amount isnt on it then its not valid.

Data Protection Act sent 27/06/06

if this ticket was issued by a police traffic warden then its a simple letter and it will be cancelled due to the error as it wont stand up in court the fact its not been done correctly. however as i said before im not sure how it works with council ones though in principal it should still count and they have not given you a validated ticket which would then be void.

however as RightRevBod says if you send them a chq for £0 then they cant say you didnt try and pay lol

Data Protection Act sent 27/06/06

if its a police one which is not within a pouch stuck to your window then you have the right to appeal and you will get off with it.

This is true except where they actually hand it to the driver - then it doesn't matter. The only reason for the pouches is to prevent the ticket going missing whilst the driver's not there and nothing else.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]22/06/2006 - Data Protection Act Letter to Abbey Sent[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#ff0000]10/08/2006 - Prelim Letter Sent for Estimated Charges[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#ff0000]04/09/2006 - DPA Belatedly Fulfilled[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#ff0000]12/09/2006 - LBA Sent for Refund of £2,942.14 Including Interest[/COLOR][/FONT]

Well no word on me ticket yet. The ticket was issued by a company working on behalf of Edinburgh City Council.

Other thing is - he did hand me the ticket as I approached car and asked him not to put it on. Plick.

In Edinburgh Im pretty sure he needs to take a pic of the offence - ie 3 shots one of ticket on car, one of car and one of regulations on nearest lampost.

He got yadda.

:p

Sorry I didn't realise you are in Scotland! My last post referred to England & Wales so ignore what I said!

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]22/06/2006 - Data Protection Act Letter to Abbey Sent[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#ff0000]10/08/2006 - Prelim Letter Sent for Estimated Charges[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#ff0000]04/09/2006 - DPA Belatedly Fulfilled[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#ff0000]12/09/2006 - LBA Sent for Refund of £2,942.14 Including Interest[/COLOR][/FONT]

In Edinburgh Im pretty sure he needs to take a pic of the offence - ie 3 shots one of ticket on car, one of car and one of regulations on nearest lampost.

I had s**t loads of them tickets from them, never bothered with any one of them. Never heard from them either.

NatWest for £272:Full and final settlement: 13/11/06

Argos Card for £52.50:Paid to Argos account: 10/11/06

Bank of Scotland for £218:Full and final settlement: 25/01/07