Dayglo's mission to get his life back!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now there's a question I've been dreading. with 4 days to go until deadline and very little confidence that I know what I'm doing and even less confidence that I can do anything about this.... I'm about to conclude that I'll probably concede defeat.

Not quite life back but on 2nd December I'll have gone from 4 defaults to 1 on my credit file. Having spoken in depth to Experian, they told me that in January, once the Vodafone default goes past 3 years, it's signficance really does drop.

before you all start having a go.....

1) I can't afford to be exposed to their legal costs and there's no guarantee this will stay on small claims track

2) I've got better things to spend £100 on than an AQ (already spent £150 on this one)

3) I'm really happy that the Natwest one has gone

4) I've spent way too much time out of my day job on this already

5) SB seems to have gone (not a criticism, just pointing it out)

6) and you know the advice we always give - "you are about to begin legal proceedings against a firm with huge resources, make sure you know what you are doing completely" well - the truth is, I don't completely know what I'm doing.

They've called my bluff, and I think I'm going to fold.

OOps!!!

Well take the money that you would've spent on the Information Commissioners Office chick any buy dinner for your missus as well as the flowers :D

The Information Commissioners Office have done bugger all for us really. Bugger all except tow the same line as the CRA's, and give them nonsense to feed back to us. They don't deserve rewarding for that :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm sure you're joking about the flowers :D

OOps!!!

Well take the money that you would've spent on the Information Commissioners Office chick any buy dinner for your missus as well as the flowers :D

The Information Commissioners Office have done bugger all for us really. Bugger all except tow the same line as the CRA's, and give them nonsense to feed back to us. They don't deserve rewarding for that :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm sure you're joking about the flowers :D

I agree, but we ought to try and remember that there are decent folk working for organisations that we may happen to disagree with. Just because they let us down doesn't give us (or me) the right to be rude or unpleasant to any of their staff.

I agree, but we ought to try and remember that there are decent folk working for organisations that we may happen to disagree with. Just because they let us down doesn't give us (or me) the right to be rude or unpleasant to any of their staff.

I understand what you mean Dayglo, but these organisations can really effect people's lives....more so than retail organisations etc, yet the abuse I used to get when I was retail assisstant just because we had sold out of liquerice allsorts or whatever was not warranted - working for financial and "governmental" organisations like the ICO, I am sure people 'expect' it more, and as far as I am concerned I wouldn't bother apologising......the people working could make sure it was doing it's job, just by raising awareness and stuff, that they don't so, I wuold just spend the cash on your missus fella.

Hope you understand where I am coming from, don't think I've explained it that well!! :-/

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Well said.

Shame you are giving up but some things just ain't worth chancing, when the odds are so high.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Guest willowb

Not quite life back .

Yes you have honey!!!:) now, go and enjoy it!!!;)

You've done great and you've been a huge help to me and no doubt others here also so thank you.

Btw, about the flowers.....do what YOU think you ought to.....besides, she may be TOTALLY gorgeous and you may end up meeting her and getting married and having kids.....or.....errrrrrr maybe not:rolleyes: :p but you never know! you silly sausage you!! lol

Wxx

Btw, about the flowers.....do what YOU think you ought to.....

Actually, I agree!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Dayglo what a shock seeing you step down off this :( You have already paid out £150 to start court proceedings and someone has already got Vodafone to remove their default and pay compensation, so why would they do that if they thought that they were right. If i remember rightly you were asking for the default to be removed. Did you think about just simply asking the court for Vodafone to produce the default notice that was issued as opposed to getting the default removed. We know they couldnt produce the document and there was that court case were the judge ruled in a persons favour that if it wasnt issued correctly it was deemed not to have been served... Sorry to hear your stepping down on this, but i suppose when more and more people get theirs removed from these companies it might spur you back on to following yours through again. I was in the same boat as your with my girlfriend who had 4 on her account. I have now managed to get rid of 3 of them which leaves just egg and the usual story there is always one who just digs their heels in. Just like vodafone on my credit file.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

Yes you have honey!!!:) now, go and enjoy it!!!;)

You've done great and you've been a huge help to me and no doubt others here also so thank you.

Btw, about the flowers.....do what YOU think you ought to.....besides, she may be TOTALLY gorgeous and you may end up meeting her and getting married and having kids.....or.....errrrrrr maybe not:rolleyes: :p but you never know! you silly sausage you!! lol

Wxx

she may well be - but the present Mrs. Dayglo may have something to say about that! (she has something to say about every-bloody-thing-else)

Dayglo,

it is entirely your decision, and for you to make.

None of us need to tell you that we would support you as much as we can if you had decided to stick with it, but support just boosts confidence when it's lacking. It does not replace you having the right argument/facts/belief/advice/etc.

There is not a one of us here that has any right or place to 'have a go' at you for taking a personal choice.

Besides........I've met Mrs Dayglo and wouldn't advise getting on the wrong side of that argument mate.........could be painful.

Just kidding mrs Dayglo, please don't hurt me..........

Well Dayglo, i enjoyed your thread immensely. As we all know, this site is a self help with support group. If you feel that YOU have taken this as far as you can and you decide to now bow out from it then fair play to you. Theres not one person on here that can criticize you for making a personal decision and don't you dare say that you have your tail between your legs.

As for the flowers once again it is a personal decision, whatever you think right. Of course the accompanying card has to have all the usual legal jargon on it like Without Prejudice Etc Etc Etc

Guest willowb
Of course the accompanying card has to have all the usual legal jargon on it like Without Prejudice Etc Etc Etc

LMAO!!! very good:D

Sorry mrs Dayglo:oops:

Wxx

The Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) (Amendment) Regulations 2004, laid under the Consumer Credit Act 1974; (3237)

This means they are regulations UNDER the CCA. So VF can't say they apply but CCA doesn't.

Hiya mate, I've just been reading back through the whole thread - sorry to trudge up the past but where did you find that Vodafone are regulated under the CCA? T-Mobile have told me they aren't and they cannot provide a copy of my application.....I asked them to remove my info but they reckon that consent can be obtained verbally or even by consent (ie. using the phone!)

Is this right?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hiya mate, I've just been reading back through the whole thread - sorry to trudge up the past but where did you find that Vodafone are regulated under the CCA? T-Mobile have told me they aren't and they cannot provide a copy of my application.....I asked them to remove my info but they reckon that consent can be obtained verbally or even by consent (ie. using the phone!)

Is this right?

They still need to prove this, so ask them for proof.

Ok....they reckon that by me using the phone I consented to them storing my information.....I'll ask them exactly how they can prove it then!!

Thanks Tink

My charges claims:

Default removals:

ok - everyone, change of heart.

I'm not giving up quite yet....

I've phone the court and asked for two days extension to get my AQ in. They've said that's ok.

Q1 on the AQ is would you like 1 months stay to try and reach settlement?

I'll answer yes and that buys me a month to get back up to speed.

I'll need some help with some of the AQ questions though? I guess you lot are up for some practical help?

I guess you lot are up for some practical help?

For sure mate!! I'll certainly help where I can.

Glad to hear this! :) Well done.

Just make sure you don't tear your eyes any more! :D

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Hey man, that's great news!

Just ask and we'll all help where we can!! :)

My charges claims:

Default removals: