Dayglo's mission to get his life back!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Experian don't share credit accounts information with Checkmyfile - so it will ignore that part of your credit profile and add weight to other aspects such as court info, electoral roll, where you live etc.

Equifax share complete credit account data and mycallcredit share data as well (but there are fewer subscribers to mycallcredit and older problems may not appear there)

On all three CRAs (via checkmyfile) although the content has changed (granted Experian can't be included here) the 'score' has remained exactly the same for 3 consecutive months. That just doesn't feel right.

further investigation needed I think...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With regard to the credit scoring i believe there might be something behind the mask on this to. I have managed to get rid of 1 default on my file leaving just the two from Vodafone. My girlfriend had 4 defaults and a CCJ and have managed to get rid of 3 of them leaving just Egg and also the removal of the CCJ. Yet our credit rating is not getting any better also. SO like you say it looks like it doesnt matter if you have 1 or 21 it must all be the same thing. I also wondered aswell whether something was being recorded by the companies on defaults being removed the way that they are to still reflect something with our files. :eek::confused:

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

Yet our credit rating is not getting any better also. SO like you say it looks like it doesnt matter if you have 1 or 21 it must all be the same thing.

Logically would this not be the case?

A default is a default is a default; in a lenders eyes if you defaulted on one loan then you may well default on another.

Again in the eyes of the lender there's not much worse that you can do except maybe set fire to the bank chairmans house, so one default = zilch credit rating.

I'm not condoning this, just commenting.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

I still think this has more to to with a rather poor scoring system/database update system used by checkmyfile. In those 2-3 months, lots of data has changed. For the scores on all 3 to remain, to 3 significant fgures identical is just unlikely. Especially as the guy from Experian (who don't share data with checkmyfile) said the score had changed in their eyes over the time period in question, and that even with the vodfaone default on my file, from next January my score will go up to 700+ which is in the 'average' category.

I still think this has more to to with a rather poor scoring system/database update system used by checkmyfile. In those 2-3 months, lots of data has changed. For the scores on all 3 to remain, to 3 significant fgures identical is just unlikely. Especially as the guy from Experian (who don't share data with checkmyfile) said the score had changed in their eyes over the time period in question, and that even with the vodfaone default on my file, from next January my score will go up to 700+ which is in the 'average' category.

But mine went down - the less adverse I had - I had 4 CCJ's - 8 defaults and credit score of 565 - I now have only 1 default over 3 years old and no missed payments for over 4 years and my experian score is 335. Would have thought I would be up in 700's by now?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

wow - did any other circumstances change other than credit accounts?

Maybe the CRA's much-vaunted credit scoring algorithm is simply a random number generator?? :D

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

wow - did any other circumstances change other than credit accounts?

Yeah - I paid £20k off my mortgage - and reclaimed bank charges - and opened a new account with HSBC - who now won't let me open a savings account but let me open a current with a switch and £900 o/d facility.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Mr Experian told me that even with the Vodafone default on there, next January the score should be around 750 which is quite 'average'

That was part of the reason I was happy to relax my efforts to chase Vodafone (!?) This whole area seems to be a mixture of smoke and mirrors.

Mr Experian told me that even with the Vodafone default on there, next January the score should be around 750 which is quite 'average'

That was part of the reason I was happy to relax my efforts to chase Vodafone (!?) This whole area seems to be a mixture of smoke and mirrors.

In which case thatis what mine should be - mr experian is getting confused again?

he said the applications for credit really make a difference negatively.

Have you made many credit applications?

4 in jan - 4 remortgage - should be enquiries really

1 in april

searches there from hsbc in july

appl for cc oct - turned down

savings account turned down sept

childrens savings account turned down sept

just tried applying for skycard 0% deal - see what comes back

Guys; where do you get that numbers from? I ordered the statutory report but I looked and looked and there are no numbers on my Experian report, like you have; 650, 700 etc. Why? :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys; where do you get that numbers from? I ordered the statutory report but I looked and looked and there are no numbers on my Experian report, like you have; 650, 700 etc. Why? :(

You have to pay for it - look for the check your credit score button - Experian is £4.99

You have to pay for it - look for the check your credit score button - Experian is £4.99

Am I the only one that thinks being charged £4.99 to see your own credit score is a rip-off and a damn cheek? That information ought to be free.

Pete

I fell for a bit of trap last month, I thought it was 4.99 for 1 months access, I checked 4 or 5 times during the period I was expecting the Natwest default to be removed, didn't realised I was being charged 4.99 every time! cost me £25 in the end... grrrr

I fell for a bit of trap last month, I thought it was 4.99 for 1 months access, I checked 4 or 5 times during the period I was expecting the NatWest default to be removed, didn't realised I was being charged 4.99 every time! cost me £25 in the end... grrrr

:eek: Is that with Experian? Well thanks for letting me know! My free trial with them is due to end, and I was thinking of running it as it "seemed" to only cost £4.99 per month.

If this is the case then I shall cancel it. What are they like! They are worse than the flippin banks :mad:

morning your majesty! I think we posted at the same time.

Majesty?!! :o

Blimey, do you know something we don't? You obviously haven't met her!! :D

Pete