Cold Weather Payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and thanks HB,

I get income support with a sickness premium, sorry I should have stated.

You will get it on (IS and the disabilty premium) Not on IB. The Assesment rate ESA and while your appealing doe's not entitle you to CW Payments £25 (Only appealing if you win IS-ESA WRAG or SUPPORT Group) then you still have to case them for that payment once you win you appeal.

To save other people some time waiting for answers, all the information needed to work out if you qualify is here

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• 3 weeks later...

DWP offices will be closed Monday and Tuesday, but open for the remainder of the week as usual.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

Thank you for providing the information on this thread 8) I have looked at many of the threads here, however I still don't understand the system. I have a bad lung condition of which I am sure many know what COPD is, it is 2 am now and it is Christmas morning I've have had no heat for 3 weeks because the system took me off ESA and put me on JSA, I was without a payment for 5 weeks and recieved £233.00 23rd Dec. All my direct debt's are behind now and I owe money to everyone even the landlord.

Depression was never on my agenda.

Hello Micky, I wish you had found us earlier so that we may have been able to help you navigate your way through the system.

If you have any questions please start a thread and we will answer it if we can. I imagine it will be quite quiet for the next few days but I'll be here periodically popping in and out through the festive period.

From what you write, I assume you have no income other than from benefits. For the rent you owe, housing benefit can be claimed and may be able to be backdated. For your fuel bills, some utility companies offer different rates for people receivinf benefits. You can post on the Utilities subforum about this and someone may be able to advise on that.