reasnable amount of time for mobile phone repair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just wondering i have a sony erricsson xperia x10.

went in for failed back light 4 weeks ago.

still not got it back and carphone warhouse are dragging there feet with it.

phone is approx 3 months old.

can i force them to give me a new phone under the sales of goods act etc.

also will my warrenty be extended for the 4 weeks i have not had the phone or full use of my services that i pay for.

Write to the head office with your complaint. Time to skip the monkeys and go for the organ grinder.

Carphone Warehouse,

North Acton Business Park,

Wales Farm Road,

London W3 6RS.

Make sure you send it recorded. Its very important you do or they can (and will) deny they got it.

But first I would email the CEO of carphone warehouse. Remember to keep it polite. This guy can get things done.

cdunstone@cpw.co.uk

Have you called to discuss the issue? 0870 087 0167 gets you through to Repairs.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

Have you called to discuss the issue? 0870 087 0167 gets you through to Repairs.

that is wrongfull information throu that number you can only book the phone in for repair or to find the nearist express repair center

• 2 weeks later...

The menu actually says something along the lines of 'Press x if you have any further queries'. I've called them a few times myself.

Listen to the whole menu before you call someone 'wrongfull'. :wacko:

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

What is a 'reasonable' time frame depends on the issue. If parts are on back order, then it may be out of tbe repairer's hands. After a month I would be pressing for a replacement. As to your warranty being extended, the answer is no - as. Right, but they may agree an extension which s within their power to offer.