style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi All

Collectica involved with unpaid court fine of mine

I spoke to B re paying then couldnt etc,

he now has given me till today to pay as his 'bosses' are hassling him to empty my house,

previously he has been informed that the home is private rent and furnished,

I told him to levy my vehicle and I pay an affordable amount, he says NO, he also advised that a levy carries an additional charge etc.

However the fine was done and dusted without my knowledge over a year ago,

no comms were entered into between my solicitor and I, so I havent even had the chance to defend myself,

Can I get this set aside on the basis mentioned above ?

Ta

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Hi All

Collectica involved with unpaid court fine of mine I spoke to B re paying then couldnt etc, he now has given me till today to pay as his 'bosses' are hassling him to empty my house, previously he has been informed that the home is private rent and furnished,

I told him to levy my vehicle and I pay an affordable amount, he says NO, he also advised that a levy carries an additional charge etc.

However the fine was done and dusted without my knowledge over a year ago, no comms were entered into between my solicitor and I, so I havent even had the chance to defend myself,

Can I get this set aside on the basis mentioned above ?

Ta

Hi,

Do you mean that you did not receive a summons in regard to the alleged defence?

What was the offence?

Do you have your tenancy agreement and inventory to prove that the accommodation is rented furnished?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

Do you mean that you did not receive a summons in regard to the alleged defence?Yes that is correct, my solicitor was dealing with this, next thing I know was a fine from the courts.

What was the offence? No vehicle insurance

Do you have your tenancy agreement and inventory to prove that the accommodation is rented furnished?

Yes we have an inventory

Thank you

If you have a Court fine you have had no knowledge of then you can apply to make a Statutory Declaration at the Court to have the matter reheard. You have 21 days from first becoming aware of this to do it. In your case it looks as if you are well out of time for this, all should not be lost as you should contact the Court at your earliest convenience and ask to do this Out of Time - you will need to speak to the Court Manager or Fines Officer.

Was this a TV Licence fine?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you have a Court fine you have had no knowledge of then you can apply to make a Statutory Declaration at the Court to have the matter reheard. You have 21 days from first becoming aware of this to do it. In your case it looks as if you are well out of time for this, all should not be lost as you should contact the Court at your earliest convenience and ask to do this Out of Time - you will need to speak to the Court Manager or Fines Officer.

Was this a TV Licence fine?

hI IT WAS AN ALLEGED NO MOTOR INSURANCE

hI IT WAS AN ALLEGED NO MOTOR INSURANCE

Can you tell us how this "allegation" arose please?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Can you tell us how this "allegation" arose please?

Hi, The allegation was bourne from my Van being parked roadside and the police knocking on my door to advise me I was not insured, although it wasent insured it was parked on my drive with two foot sticking onto footpath, cut a long story short my solicitor said we could make a defence for accentuating/hardship circumstances to allow me to keep licence as 3 points would have give me 12 then banned, so of solicitor went into the distance and a yr later I get the notification that collectica are chasing me...

You can indeed file a Statutory Declaration but you will need to explain the reason WHY you are submitting this after the period of 21 days from BECOMING AWARE of the fine.

New regulations have recently been introduced regarding Statutory Declarations and this provides that the court must re-list the case for another hearing as soon as possible. Therefore, whilst a statutory declaration will revoke the conviction, this should only be a temporary measure so you should ensure that you have any supporting documents available to assist you when the case gets re-listed.

PS: When a Statutory Declaration is accepted, the warrant "ceases to have effect" and accordingly, bailiff fees are removed.

Any questions, please post back.