38 years clean license and two speeding tickets in 10 mins

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got caught by a speed camera doing 38 in a 30mph and 10 mins later got clocked at 38 mph in the same 30mph zone by the camera opposite the first one!!. I'm so mad at myself, 6 points and I've never had a driving offense since I got my license in 1972. Anything I can do?

Sorry I have no real advice for your situation, you can try posting on pepidoo they have a lot of experts in the area you have fell foul off.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I got my first in 37 years for doing 37 in a 30. Instead of the fine they offered me the chance to go on a speed awareness course. It cost more then the fine but no 3 points.

Problem is being caught twice in 10 mins it might not be an option!

Confirm that yu were still travelling in the same irection and the second one wasn't travelling in the opposite direction. If both while travelling in the same direction and at the same time, you may asked for the offence to be treated as one. The argument is that if you had been stopped and fined you would not have been caught the second time but as you were not stopped or made aware that you had committed the first offence by allowing to you to continue travelling at the same speed on the same stretch of highway at the same time, they were in fact in a sense condoning the offence. Very slim I know but better that being hit twice and if you don't try you will never know.

If the facts of the incident are that you were on the same stretch of road, it may be that you could ask to be prosecuted for a single continuous offence.

It would be up to how the crown feel. The argument that Surfer puts forward wouldn't go far. Since the offence of speeding requires no element of intention anyway. Drivers are expected to be aware of the limits.

Driving almost 10mph over the limit for 10 minutes does indeed show a lack of attention.

No I didn't drive at 8 miles over the speed limit for 10 minutes, most of that road is 40mp and a very short part is 30mph- I was on that part maybe 2 minutes tops , left it and went where i was going. Several minutes later I came up the same road and same thing happened. And since I have never received a ticket for speeding in the 38 years I've had my license I have absolutely no idea if there is any option to getting 6 points on my license.-which is why i posted. Thank you all for your help- i will try for the one offense.