Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

13 Good

About frankieg

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. i used disability parking -one of a group of 5- without setting my time clock. Came back to find i had, fair enough, been ticketed. The paper in with the ticket said it was for not displying a valid time clock but the PCN said i was given a 06 as i ''parked without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket or voucher''. Across the street was a councils run 30 minute stay pay and display its like a seperate road running longside the real road sort of off road parking -the car park part stops when the road curves back past the back of the shops and back out onto th
  2. thank you nystagmite thats the very information he wanted. the DWP is sending him a form for an appeal and are sticking to the month-6th january. So I was concerned he needed to supply paperwork to support an appeal and return it with the form. with Christmas and the new year he couldn't possible get it together by then. I'll tell him- he will be very relived
  3. No he was on IS for his illness which stoped on 6th December . this year people on IS started being merged onto the ESA benefit. Apparently people on IS or incapacity benefit ,or any of the other benefits that are now being stopped, are not transfered to ESA. They are just called to attend an ESA medical . If they pass it they get ESA 'sick' part . If they fail they don't get put on the works part , their benefit stops and they are told to sign on for jobseakers. He called job center as he has a sick note saying he to ill to work job center say he cant claim jobseakers thanks for the a
  4. my son needs some advice. he knows I'm on this site so asked me to see if anyone on the forum can help him! he was on income support for illness - he went for his first ESA assessment just after he went on it and ' passed' . he went again some time back . Well time went by and he didn't hear anything but thought it was like last time when it took several months for a decision to be made. 12th December he received a letter from the council benefits department saying his IS had stopped and he hadn't informed them his income had changed. So he called benefits and they said he should cont
  5. I don't feel 3 months is acceptable as its relating to income starting in may 2010. The reason my befits are based on gross not net , so lower, is because my pensions are not taxed at source and i have to do a self assessment (is that what its called) after that year is over. So obviously in may 2010 i cant i provide the exact figures of the tax due for that year can i? . So it might not be an 'error' as such but occurred because of the LA wouldn't accept an estimate -even from the tax office! all they had to do was take what the tax office said , use it and adjust it when the
  6. how far back can i get them to go on re-calculating my CT and HB? for . As they wouldn't take tax estimates for the April 2010-April 2011 and only might be willing to recalculate for sept, Oct and november i will definatly be losing all the underpay in benfits from may 2010 till september maybe till november . So basicly is there anything i can do to get that money - its well over£2000 ?
  7. I don't think anyone has had this problem before i lived overseas and in may of 2010 i retired and started getting a USA widows pension along with a very small UK pension. the problem is these pensions are not PAYE . i file my taxes in the USA around every march and in the UK every November. Just to clarify- due to the makeup of my income -i haven't had to pay UK taxes since i returned to the UK, just in the USA. Now its all pensions so I have just paid a very UK large tax bill for the April 2010 -April 2011 tax year . Anyway i have been receiving a sma
  8. what an terrible experience for you all . I'm a pediatrics nurse with extensive experience with newborns . And babies that seem extremely healthy one minute can collapse the next. On the information supplied, the doctors actions do appear reasonable. But not the midwives , they had an baby born by emergency c section for fetal distress-so needing to be closly monitored -whose condition was detorating .Even when the child had obvious respiratory distress the nursing staff didn't notice let react by contacting the physician. So there is a strong possibility that there was neglect here
  9. i suggest you contact social services again and tell them they have not supplied the information you are entitled to . Tell them if they do not send you this information you intend to contact the ICO and report them for violations of the data protection act. if they still refuse-which i doubt- contact the ICO and they will deal with it. have you looked at the ICO website?-its very informative. then when you have the full information about what went on you can then decide on the appropriate court action
  10. So how do you know if a car park is council or privately run? Whenever I've been to the hospital I've had to pay for 2 hours parking-its the minimum- and only been in the hospital 30 minutes or so. So it seems a bit cheating on their part that you cant buy anything less then 2 hours.
  11. just out of interest do you have to pay a fine fro parking at a hospital if you don't 'pay and display?'. My hospital doesn't charge you for the anoint of time you are there, you make a guess how long you are staying and pay in advance. I had a 15 minute test and paid the minimum which is 2 hours but my out patients clinic was running very late and i was there over 3 hours. I wasn't ticketed but want to be prepared if i am.
  12. if your making a complaint -as well as as the medical records request the complaints file as well As for them withholding information as it might be 'stressful'- they cant. Information can only be withheld under the guidelines of the data protection act- there are very few situations under the act when information can be withheld. if they do want to withhold information they have to tell you exactly what part of the DPA they are using to deny you that information. they also have to tell you of the procedure for you to challenge their decision to withhold information. Its worth reading the DPA
  13. I don't know if it helps but doesn't a patient have the right to be treated at any hospital they want? Is the surgeon your daughter saw at an orthopedic hospital or just the 'local' . If it was just a general hospital why not find the best orthopedic hospital and request your GP refer her to it? And your GP does seem to be trying to help her why not talk to him/her about a new referal?. If its a matter of her having already seen an orthopedic consultant so using her one 'chance' she is entitled to request a different consultant. But not a second opinion -thats different -under NHS rules a
  14. Your MIL does she have any medical problems ? Since it seems its the problem is with the anesthetic not the operation , has anyone suggested an alternative to a general ? An epidural or spinal anesthetic works very well in elderly patients .
  15. Only problem i had with getting dads file was that no-one would admit it existed!! PALs had never heard of it-or said they didn't- and the complaints department kept offering dads chart. And its been amazing what i have found in it- one thing is that dads complaint was not investigated!! His complaint was sent by the CEO to a general manager for investigation in November 2009. In march 2010 dad died and gave the trust the excuse not to met with me. instead they said it had decided to send me a final response letter and i should go elsewhere . But, as per this file , when getting the lette
  • Create New...