Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited - What do you think?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How many 'personal' calls did you receive then? A couple? One maybe?

Don't tell me you didn't receive any!!!! I don't believe they would tell a lie like that in writing, they must have been round at least once???:flypig:

I think I would give them a ring, as their offer of a discount isn't going to come around again, you should rip their arm off, call them and offer them £10......

Eeejitts..

Yes technically this is what you will get, sometimes it will be different coloured crayons, and Moorcr@p have a lot of different divisions, ie broom cupboards, so you will get one from their 'pre litigation' division, and their 'pre court' division, and possibly one from their 'pre school' division, all can be treated with the same level of ignorance as this one, file it away under ignore, keep for evidence if needed, and it will continue to drop further down the miserable DCA food chain till it hits the bottom of their barrell.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka Boo, thanks for your reply....it did make me laugh! Not sure if they have phoned or not as I do tend to ignore calls from numbers I don't recognise. I suppose I will just wait for the next installment from them. It always makes me feel better when I have been on here as I have found all this quite scary at times...........so thank you to everyone who has replied to me x

It definitley states 'attempted personal calls from our local representative' how impersonal is a phone call, do they not care about your feelings....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

That is how I would interpret 'personal' call. But we all know that they never send anyone round, just more empty idle threats.

I always love their pre training pant division.

I had one of those letters sadly no one came round I was rather upset. Luckily fruit cake lasts a long time.

I personally wouldn't even bother replying to them, they give up after a while.

Pumpytums

weatherwitch

re yr letter post #22 - the usual standard template 'discount' letter sent after a certain period of unsuccessful collection 'activity' :-)

Guest Cartaphilus

Someone definitely left the crayons out for them. They do try, after all, their hand at creative writing but I am afraid it's just not in the stars for them. More's the pity.

• 3 months later...

Hi, it has been a while but this landed yesterday and I wondered what course of action if any I need to take? Do I make a token gesture of a small amount every month or do I do anything else. I am a little worried but will wait for any advice from you lovely people before I do anything.

Thank you

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by weatherwitch

looks like moor crof have given up and passed it back to loyds with their 'recommendation'! depending on the circumstances, loyds will prob either; pass it on to another dc a for collection, put it up for sale, start legal action (they'll need to send a letter before claim first), or accept your offer (if you decide to make one).

imo.

Sorry WW, without going back through the whole thread again, can you just quickly sum this up? How much, when was it taken out, and how, loan credit card, overdraft?

Last time any activity on the account, or last time you paid?

Hi WW

In similiar position with Moorcrap/LTSB - following advice ignored Moorcrap, now just paying token amount to LTSB but heard nothing for weeks. Figure if pay token amount which is affordable, then if taken to court unlikely to go up. I offered a token payment on CC amount and would show them my I&E account only if they accept - would never send details they are demanding - def no no

WW - loan is for less than 10K, was paying about 15% of monthly bill by agreement, then they set Moorcroft on - despatched with CCA request, now witing for next lot to come along - offer about 10% - rising cost of living.

If got PPI on should reclaim - need to SAR them to get info - I'm going down this route as well.

Intend

ps - not BB but he has helped me on my journey so if he has helped you dont forget to click his star.

Edited by intend
add info

Hi intend, sorry just realised I made an identity mistake! I really don't know what to do. Should I just keep ignoring it but I am getting a bit worried now as I really don't want to go to court or shall I just offer a small monthly payment?

Others have better advice than me, but I would offer a low amount, what you can reasonably afford, if they reject keep reducing it and continue to pay these token amounts - would not provide them with information they asked for. Could do your own I&E to find affordble amount - they have no right but could be useful to provide if you wish to do so. I have done my own but have told them will only provide it if they accept my token amount. Still waiting.

Intend