Link Claim Forms -MBNA debts

Prudence
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, to update I have now received a letter from Link asking me to send the ppi payment I have received to them. They say mbna contacted them and told them that they had sent it to us! IMS - I cannot open the spreadsheet you sent me, it says 'it is password protected or encrypted' ? I have been through the statement I was sent in the SAR and the charges are made up of the following:

Cash Withdrawal Fees

Promotional Cash Interest Charged

Over Limit Fees

Promotional Retail Interest Charge

LateCharges

Retail Interest Charged

Cash Interest Charged

Are any of these claimable? The charges are a substantial part of the balance (balance c£4k).

I would be so grateful for further advice on this.

Many thanks, Pru

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, to update I have now received a letter from Link asking me to send the ppi payment I have received to them. They say mbna contacted them and told them that they had sent it to us! IMS - I cannot open the spreadsheet you sent me, it says 'it is password protected or encrypted' ? I have been through the statement I was sent in the SAR and the charges are made up of the following:

Cash Withdrawal Fees

Promotional Cash Interest Charged

Over Limit Fees

Promotional Retail Interest Charge

LateCharges

Retail Interest Charged

Cash Interest Charged

Are any of these claimable? The charges are a substantial part of the balance (balance c£4k).

I would be so grateful for further advice on this.

Many thanks, Pru

Hi

There are areas in the spreadsheet that are protected to prevent accidental alteration of formulae.

The cells you need to edit are all accessible, they are D5, D6, D7, D8, D9 and D10. Also in the white section Columns A, B and C.

The charges you can claim back in your list are...

Over Limit Fees and Late Charges

Regards

ims

Thank you so much IMS for your speedy response! I can't open the spreadsheet at all, is it anywhere else where I can try to access it? Also, shall I reply to Link? Best wishes, Pru

Hi

When you try and open it in Excel, what message do you get?

Regards

ims

Hi IMS, sorry to be a pest but am I doing something wrong - I've managed to put in the details and when I list each item the 'Total of Charges' increases but the 'Total Compound Interest' just shows #NAME? ???

Also where it asks for APR I entered 23.9% which is quoted on the agreement as being the standard interest rate p.a. so hope this is correct?

Many thanks for your help with this, Pru

Hi Pru

Interest rate is fine.

You had some trouble downloading this sheet. Maybe the protection is interfering somewhere. I've attached an unprotected copy which may solve your issue.

Remember, only change stuff in the blue section for cells D5 to D10 and the heading in cell A1.

Also, only enter list data in the white section for columns A, B and C....DO NOT change anything in columns D and E.

Make sure your dates are entered in the format of dd/mm/yy

Regards

ims

CISheetU.xls

• 4 months later...

Hi All

Sorry for posting this here first of all but I didn't understand (a bit 'Twitter' ignorant I'm afriad) about "putting in the prefix to tweet to the company"???

Anyway my thread re MBNA is linked below but I wanted to ask a quick question, how could they have got hold of my work telephone number? I was shocked when they rang me today as I wasn't even working there when I originally took out the MBNA credit card over 12 yrs ago! They definitely did not get it from any family. I am concerned as to how this information is obtained. Many thanks, Pru

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280697-Help-with-MBNA

cra file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

192.com

you must have given it out at some point somewhere

else the info is gotten by a search engine

though usually this comes from DCA's working for MBNA?

but anyhow

its against all guidelines and rules for them to contact you at work

TELL THEM to remove the number and never use it again

and CONFIRM in writingthey have does this else you will escalate the complaint.

you really need to keep to one thread per 'debt'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Thread moved to Legal Issues Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks IMS for coming back to me. I did receive a payment from them for PPI but I never did work out the other charges that had been applied to my account... life got in the way! Can you advise how is the best way to proceed please?

You will need to prepare an updated spreadsheet for the charges plus interest and see what impact it would make on the amount owed.

This will form part of your defence and counterclaim.

What is the date of issue of the court papers?.....you now have a strict time-line to keep to

ims

Ok your time-line is as follows:

Date of issue 10/4 + 5 for service = 15/4 + 14 to acknowledge the claim =29/4 + 14 to get your defence in (if you are defending) = 13/5/12.

Get the figures done so you can see what impact it has on their claim amount.

Can you post up their Particulars of Claim (no personal information of course)

Thank you very much. Particulars of claim:

The Claimant claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced xxxxxxxxxx and opened effective from xx/xx/1998. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, was signed by the Defendant and from which credit was extended to the Defendant. The Defendant failed to make payment as required under the terms of agreement and by xx/xx/2002 a default was recorded. As at xx/xx/02 the Defendant owed MBNA Europe Bank Limited the sum of 4xxx.xx By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to the Claimant effective xx/xx/2002 and made regular upon the Claimant serving a Notice of Assignment upon the Defendant shortly thereafter. And the Claimant claims:

1. 4xxx.xx

2. Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Court Act (1984) at a rate of 8% per annum from xx/xx/2010 to xx/xx/12 of xxx.xx and thereafter at a daily rate of .95 to date of judgment or sooner payment. Date 10/04/2012

I shall work on the figures this evening. Thanks again.

How can Link claim an amount (incidentally which includes the PPI) that they were never able to substantiate (DSAR). I don't remember ever receiving any letter of assignment, I don't believe I received it in the DSAR data either (will check it out when I dig out the paperwork this evening). The PPI was an extremely suspect situation - I had clearly indicated on the form at the time that I was self-employed. Someone else had ticked the PPI box and confirmed it with a rubber stamp, several months after my completion and their receipt of the application form!

How can Link claim an amount (incidentally which includes the PPI) that they were never able to substantiate

They can claim whatever they like, the question is whether they can prove it :-)