'Silverpoint delivery service' card in your door - HFO Services?

coledog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An HFO CAGger has received a postcard with the company details of "Silver Point Deliveries" but with an SW19 postmark.

It basically says they hold some sensitive documents but they cannot release them until the recipient is confirmed. it then quotes a number and has a section which is meant to look handwritten with name address details plus a reference.

This looks like a repeat of the 'First Direct Logistics' [problem] where you ring the number, give lots of personal details including phone numbers and then get a letter fro HFO plus they get all your details.

BE WARNED - do not call.

I was wondering what they would try next. Could be legit but we need to establish this either way.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the telephone number?

I need the services of a reputable delivery company to deliver a couple of packages for me.

One to the Cayman Islands and one to Dublin and was wondering how much they charge.

I mean they obviously have a postal rate dont they? they are a legitimate outfit?

Drop me the number i will gladly give them a call - if cag recommends them they are good enough for me. :-)

I'd like the number too, haven't had a decent telephone wind up in ages.

Seriously these cards are a [problem], I know somebody who has moved and has had four of these, two of which have been addressed to 'The PRESENT occupier' asking them to ring to confirm details and accept delivery of a sensitive package. I haven't seen the cards but apparently they are postmarked SW19....

I think this needs to be reported to Companies House and the OFT pronto... I've instructed friend to do the same.

I have asked the OP for more details and they have been advised to put in complaints. I have put this up to warn people - particularly if they Google this company. Hopefully more info will follow...

donate

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0555914

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberHFO Services Limited05120067

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

HFO Services Limited HFO Group Roxburghe HFO Capital HFO Capital

Issued Date: 26-Sep-2004

Expiry Date: 25-Sep-2009

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionAlasdair John Turnbull

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionBadri NathanOFFICERBardi NathanOFFICERKevin Stuart HarperOFFICER

Current Organisations that run the organisation:

NameCompany Registration NumberPositionTurnbull Rutherford Limited5717402

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceRoxburghe House, Lavender Park Road, West Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 6NAPrincipal Place Of Business6B Building No.6, DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase- 3, Gurgaon, 122002, IndiaRegistered OfficeKings Parade, Lower Coombe Street, CROYDON, CR0 1AA, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of Business1, Copsem Lane, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9EUPrincipal Place Of BusinessGrafton House 28-32, Grafton Road, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 0AAPrincipal Place Of BusinessGrafton House, 28-32 Grafton Road, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 0AAPrincipal Place Of BusinessRoxburghe House, Lavender Park Road, West Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 6NARegistered Office., Carlton Gardens, London, SW17 5AARegistered Office1, Copsem Lane, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9EURegistered Office4, Carlton Gardens, ., London, ., SW17 5AARegistered Office4, Carlton Gardens, London, SW17 5AARegistered Office4, Carlton Square, London, SW17 5AA

Just received one of these as well... Knew it would be something from HFO/Turnbull straight away, but was initially concerned that this meant they were mobilising for attempted legal action. They already have my address and send me regular envelopes full of their lies, why do they need to confirm?

I'm sort of inclined to believe it's just another scare tactic. Can anyone confirm whether this is safe to ignore?

I think it is a ploy to get your contact details - e.g. phone numbers etc when you ring to confirm delivery or they may be trying to prove some legal point. Looks like more harassment of the unsuspecting anyway.

Certainly ignore as it does not look legit. Can you supply any more details as to what is on the card?

donate

Ignore it but do complain about it, state that they have previously corresponded with you at your address therefore they know it is you and this is a thin attempt at getting you to admit that you may have liability for something you would otherwise contest.

Get those complaints in NOW to the OFT, Trading Standards and the Ministry of Justice.

Maybe we could alert the site team and have a banner ad for this tactic for a week or so...

Problem is - we cannot prove that this is HFO without someone ringing them and getting the delivery - which will be a letter from HFO. Anyone attempting this would have to ensure that they did not give out any phone numbers or personal details. That is why the first priority is to ensure that people are warned not to fall for it.

donate

08456061561 is the 'hot line' number on the card.

also lists silverpoint as being

Norfolk House

Smallbrook Queensway

Birmingham B5 4JL

enquires @ silverpoint delivery .co.uk

and

silverpointdeliver .co .uk also listed

but yeah, it's postmarked SW19 as always

Here you go, scan of the card can be seen here: http://yfrog.com/7fsilverpointg

(For some reason it says the image is too large to post directly in the thread)

@Coledog - yes, it's all one word. I actually searched CAG for all one word and it came up with nothing, so changing it might help other people.

I can confirm a link to HFO.

The whois lookup of the web address is as follows:

Domain name:

silverpointdelivery.co.uk

Registrant:

Aby Paulose Alooparambil

Registrant type:

UK Individual

Registrant's address:

The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their

address omitted from the WHOIS service.

That individual is on Facebook, here:

http://www.facebook.com/abypaulose

In his friends is one Diana Nelson... guess who she works for? You got it, TR/HFO in Wimbledon. Other friends working there include Michelle Kuhler and Paul Courtney.

Nice try boys... your extra efforts at misleading people to Birmingham will be complained about!

Googled the web address shown on the card and found this . . .

http://www.hotfrog.co.uk/Companies/Silverpoint-Delivery

That leads to another web site called "Shiply" which seems to be a couier/delivery matching service :?:

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=