Carter claimform - old Cap1 card **SETTLED BY TOMLIN**

emmaf01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used to get several calls a day from capquest

The I rang them back and after much gentle persuasion of

"are you in charge? no then pass me to your manager"

I spoke with a muppet called Alistair (allegedly)

Before I was prepared to discuss my account with him I advised him that he must answer my security questions such as his date of birth and address etc.

Obviously he declined to do so stating that I had called them.

He had no response when I pointed out that when they called me they asked me "security questions" Why should it be so different the other way round?

Well that really put the cat among the pigeons They are`nt programmed for that,

so one very p*ssed off Alistair stated that my number would be removed from their calling list and so far no more calls:D

LOL! Good for you Emma!:D:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update to the capquest saga

recived a letter "offering " a settlement of 75% of the outstanding figure owed

Only problem was that the figure was incorrect

so I sent in a letter stating I would accept the offer for 75% of the correct amount on the proviso that the "unpaid" 255 would not be passed on to any other party for collection and that my credit scoring would be purged of any negative markers,

Guess what !!

three days later I get a letter stating that my account has been passed to a different collection agency proving that give them the same as they give you and they will fold.

Bullies always do

Update to the capquest saga

recived a letter "offering " a settlement of 75% of the outstanding figure owed

Only problem was that the figure was incorrect

so I sent in a letter stating I would accept the offer for 75% of the correct amount on the proviso that the "unpaid" 255 would not be passed on to any other party for collection and that my credit scoring would be purged of any negative markers,

Guess what !!

three days later I get a letter stating that my account has been passed to a different collection agency proving that give them the same as they give you and they will fold.

Bullies always do

Chances are they do not have the cca

Sadly they do

I`ve already taken that line and they sent a copy

They just dont seem to like people who fight back

Also I saw that the trick is they offer that the "debt with them" will be complete

This means that they have recovered what they bought the debt at

and will sell on the remainder to another smaller company so you still end up paying back the full amount, they just want you off their books:)

• 5 months later...

After a long time away from CAG due to ill health (sorry) I'm back. Just when I'm getting back on my feet I get the post from doom. Bryan Carter has filed at Northampton County Court over a Capital One debt for my partner- which has been in dispute over charges since 2009.

I've had a lot of battles with debt collectors but this is my first tussle on the defence. I was always the claimant before. I know I've got to acknowledge the claim and try to get the documents BC will be relying on. There is no argument my partner signed the agreement. The argument was over them throwing more and more charges, then I got ill and couldn't fight the good fight.

So do we defend the whole claim? Can we get it moved to the local court from Northampton? I'm trying to start reading up, but I remember BC being a pain for others before. I feel worried and rusty as hell. At least it's got me mad. I'm glad this didn't happen earlier when I couldn't fight back.:)

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Well I've done the AoS on-line, so now I've just got to get some info.

The claimant is Cap1 with all paperwork to go to Bryan Carter, so I don't think there was any requirement for any notice of assignment? So I'll need to SAR Cap1 and do I need to CPR Bryan Carter?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi

DON'T send a SAR. That will take too long.

Have a look at this thread. It expalains most of what you need to do:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?241827-Legal-Action-how-to-start-off.-IMPORTANT-IF-YOURE-BEING-SUED

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I remember some of the behaviour of BC from older threads.

How do I dispute the charges? Do I send a letter saying the account is still in dispute over the charges to Cap1 and BC and the court? I think we are talking about a third to a half of the debt not counting BC's fees and court fees. The full amount is below £1000.

So if I go through the statements I can find to get the amount of charges, though I'm not sure about the interest on the charges. Do I then say the amount is in dispute? I'm getting a bit muddles.

I know on Monday I need to send of the CPR31.14 request to BC, special delivery.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi Emma, good to see you again, I hope your health problems have been resolved and you are feeling much better.

Is BC claiming the full amount or just part of it - he has a habit of just claiming for his fees

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi emmaf01,

What was on the POC?

You're quite correct, 31.14 to BC = you can only ask for the docs referred to in the POC. Do they mention the DN, the agreement?

No panic yet as you have 33 days from the date on the POC to submit your defence if it gets that far.

First job is to make BC prove that you actually owe the money.

Can you post up the POC with your bits blanked out?

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

He's claiming for the amount of the debt plus court fees, solicitors costs and one years interest.

Hi Ell-enn. I'm glad to say I'm a lot better now, though rattling a bit from all the pills I'm now on. I think the only way to deal with BC is medicated up to the eyeballs.:)

Funny though. I finally get good news from the docs yesterday morning and get home to find letter from BC, court documents and a letter from Provident taking over I debt I have no idea about. I think the universe was telling me it was time to get back to CAG. Though I'm so rusty after so long away I'm going to be reading for weeks to catch up.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

POC is tiny being a Northampton CC bulk centre jobby. I'll type-

The claimant's claim is for the balance due under an agreement which is now all due and payable.

The defendant agreed to pay monthly installments under account number ************** but has failed to do so.

And the claimant claims the sum of *****

The claimant also claims interest thereon pursuant to s69 county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof a the rate of 8% per annum amounting to ****.

That's it.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

OK, so no mention of the DN. Has the original payment period expired (in other words, had the loan been paid would it have gone its natural course by now and been paid off)?

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

It was a credit card, so no repayment period that I know of. Default was sent a few months ago as far as I know- I'm still hunting out paperwork.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

It was a credit card, so no repayment period that I know of. Default was sent a few months ago as far as I know- I'm still hunting out paperwork.

OK. try your best to find it - it may help.

IMO I see no harm in sending the SAR also. It might throw something out further down the line and if you're going to argue this on charges etc you'll need all of the facts. You're still a long long way from court so it's worth the £10 punt in my opinion.

M

So if I send a CPR31.14 tomorrow to Bryan Carter, does this mean he only has to send me an agreement? As this is the only document referred to in the POC?

How do I point out we have been disputing the charges?

And do I send a letter stating the account is disputed due to the charges to Cap1 or Bryan Carter or both?

I am getting seriously befuddled. I'll be spending the night doing paperwork duty, with a file, hole punch and trying to add up the charges. Do I send a list of these to BC or Cap1. Do I have to raise a new dispute sent to Cap1 for the charges?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

The problem is that the agreement (which we have seen a copy of before) is alright as far as we know.

It is the charges that we are disputing- how much of a difference does this make? See POC which is copied above.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Can anyone give me a clue about this, or any threads which might help? I'm panicking now.

Doesn't help that I'm having to set up a new printer because my old one has died. Modern technology can be even more panic inducing for me.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi Emma assuming you accept the CCA is fine along with DN/assignment etc you need to tailor your defence on refuting the charges only not denying the debt.

Fist step is to clarify the quantity v the debt and the balance remaining.

You are defending the unfair charges only from that point on.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Having gone through the paper work we have for this account I cannot find an agreement. Do I still send a CPR31.14 to BC?

Looking at the POC, the agreement is all that is mentioned. So I need to ask for the agreement in a CPR31.14- can I not ask for information on how the balance he is asking for has been reached- statements, information, notice of Assignment, etc? If I ask for all the information possible on a CPR31.14, do I look like I'm doing it wrong?

I have had no notice of Assignment, but as Cap1 are the claimant on the CC claim, with BC being the address to send documents and payments, I am not sure if this needs an assignment.

The account has been passed around to at least Fredricksons and then to BC before BC has made this CC claim- we have never received any Notice of Assignment from anyone.

Edited by emmaf01

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

31.14 for anything referred to, CPR 18 should flush out the statements/DN/Assignment particularly if you highlight them within the request.Send 2 copies when dealing with this begger ie set to the claimant also.

No harm in sending both and the DSAR that MandM refers to, all bases covered.I would even advocate sending a Sec 78 separately also for the cost of a £1.

If this is SCT they try to wriggle out of their CPR responsibilities but with a Sec 78 they cant.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

In the PoC, he effectively HAS mentioned the DN - why, otherwise, could he state that the account is now all due and payable? That could only be the case after a DN was issued and not remedied. Go for the DN too!

Glad to see you fighting fit.

I'm fighting but I don't know how fit I am, DonkeyB!:)

So I've done my sitting an sorting of the paperwork. Only one statement seems to be missing but with the ones I have the charges seem to account for about a third of the amount claimed.

We have been sent letters regarding this from three different DCA people- FTC, Fredricksons and BC. There are no Notice of Assignments from any of them.

We have the DN from Cap1 which gives 28 days, so that looks like it will stand up. No envelope saved but 28 days seems to cover that base anyway.

So today I have to do the CPR31.14 to BC, a CPR18 to BC and Cap1 and a sec78(is that a CCA request?) to Cap1 and BC? Is that right?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08