Carter claimform - old Cap1 card **SETTLED BY TOMLIN**

emmaf01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, got my SAR statements today. Have done my spreadsheets and I'm sending my prelim on monday.

At least it takes my mind off the Halifax!;)

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, they've given me £100. Charges but no interest. So, thanks but where's the rest letter on its way.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Emma

Did you issue a court claim or were you claiming contractual interest on this one?

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

No court claim (yet). And the interest I am claiming is contractual.

I've got to wait until I've paid my card bill before I go to mcol!

My husband didn't want me to keep going after the partial payment until I explained (in little words?!) that we were still paying the interest on the charges they have refunded.

That is not on!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 4 weeks later...

So, can't do mcol-as contractual interest being claimed. So, I am trying (desperately) to get my head around filling in the N1 with contractual interest AND a partial settlement of £100 already received (and telling them they are still being chased for the rest).

Arrrrgh!

Any help gratefully received.... anyone..... please.....

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 3 weeks later...

So now, with all the contractual interest confusion, I don't know what I'm doing. I have got the charges back, but what about the interest I have been charges, on the charges. I am leaving this to concentrate on my other claims, until I know if there is any reason to go further.

After all, I got the charges I paid back. So in that respect- a result!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi Emma,

This is Cap One's latest tactic leaving only the interest to go to court over. The same thing has happened to Kathrynlf (and others now) on this board - she's replied accepting in part their refund and continuing for contractual interest, you might want to take a look. I'm at virtually the same stage and will be fighting them for the full claim if they only refund charges.

Rouge

CAPITAL ONE

14th Dec - SAR

13th Jan - Prelim

27th Jan - LBA

27th Jan - 12% settlement offer (refused)

8th Feb - N1 claim issued

Normally I'd say yes and go forward- but the interest comes to £30ish for CI and £7ish for statutory, so it seems a bit uncalled for!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Oh I've sent them a nice letter saying I accept them only as partial payment- keeping my options open!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Not sure I'd bother with the hassle for £30! But then again, the whole point is that they owe you this money after taking it wrongfully. My CI is £3k so I'll bother in my case...

Rouge

CAPITAL ONE

14th Dec - SAR

13th Jan - Prelim

27th Jan - LBA

27th Jan - 12% settlement offer (refused)

8th Feb - N1 claim issued

If I had a chance in hell of getting out for a night on the p*ss, I would probably be more insistant!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

With a toddler, I can't afford the hangover!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

once a week! I haven't been out for over 12 months... However my husband has forced himself to go out without me a few times... Hmmmm...

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 2 weeks later...

Right, so managed finally to work the compound contractual spreadsheet, so how do I move on with this? I've input my fees and the payment already made by Capital One, and so finally calculated the interest paid on the penalties.

So, seeing I sent them a letter rejecting/accepting their partial payment, intending to proceed, do I send them an lba with the revised spreedsheet?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Right, so managed finally to work the compound contractual spreadsheet, so how do I move on with this? I've input my fees and the payment already made by Capital One, and so finally calculated the interest paid on the penalties.

So, seeing I sent them a letter rejecting/accepting their partial payment, intending to proceed, do I send them an lba with the revised spreedsheet?

Yes

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone.

As of November last year I became ill. I stuggled on with things until January/February but at that point I snapped, both health wise and financially.

Anyway I was in an out of hospital for a while and let my debts slide. My husband managed to keep his credit card payments going but apart from two token payments I haven't paid Capital One who have now closed my account and passed everything on to in-house DCA Debitas.

Apparantly even when they knew I was in hospital and too ill to talk to them they still rang at least four times per day.

So now I'm back but relying solely on benefits what should I do?

I know they have the CCA because I got then for some of my bank charges last year/year before. I must still have it in a file somewhere.

I've already told them on the phone to write to me but they said they will just keep calling. I don't think they liked that I wouldn't answer security questions but I told them I had no proof they were who they said!

So any ideas people?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Guest forgottenone

Well, Capone ... ****, plain and simple.

Apparantly even when they knew I was in hospital and too ill to talk to them they still rang at least four times per day.

Did the reverse with me ... when I came out of hospital, started posting on here again ... low and behold ... calls started. And there's a very good reason I don't answer them anymore ... ;) That's for them to work out, however ... cos they just didn't get the message about not calling.

I just know I can't give them much. Its not like I owe millions. But with all the charges they've now added its gone up to near £2,000. The APR was extortionate anyway (29.9% I think)

Apparently. while I was ill they were asking for a letter from my doctor before they would stop ringing. I think my husband told them we had bigger things to worry about, so now they've defaulted me.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Guest forgottenone
while I was ill they were asking for a letter from my doctor before they would stop ringing.

I think, if anything ... Capital One is one of the companies that needs a lot more regulating ... If it weren't the 21st century for example, such things would be barbaric, middle ages.