CCA return from reston solicitors sent to an unrelated third party address!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in battled with restons over an HFC loan [see my other thread]

today i received this from restons this :

"It is with regret that I must advise you that it has come to my attention that a letter addressed to you together with a copy of your credit agreement has been received by an unrelated third party. This was caused by simple human error at this office. I fully appreciate the upset and distresslink3.gif that this may cause to you and would offer my unreserved apology".

.....Managing Director.

what if any compensation can i demand?

pete

I think a copy of that letter should wing its way to Trading Standards and the Information Commissioner.

Slapdash handling of data should be stamped down on -hard

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I wouldn't bother, I would write back to Restons and say

Due to human error on your part I now wish the case to be closed. I cannot allow a company to treat my sensitive information in such a manner. I really cannot now trust what you are telling me is 100% accurate.

I am complaining to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority about this 'human error'.

Hello Sillygirl, have you had a chance to look through the thread. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?235540-pete-vs-HFC-restons-Now-going-to-Court-need-more-help-please

It took them ages to send me the cca after a lot of ping pong. I still owe quite a bit and am in mail ping pong with hfc about fees, charges etc.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this serious issue. I sent a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority who then passed that complaint onto the Legal Ombudsman. The LO have now sent me a seven page form to complete which asks, amongst other things, what I wish to happen now. I will fill this in and send back to the LO and will wait to see what happens. I am back in court next month with hfc/restons and there are still a couple of ppi/cost issues to sort with hfc.