pete_2000_2002

CCA return from reston solicitors sent to an unrelated third party address!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3572 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am in battled with restons over an HFC loan [see my other thread]

today i received this from restons this :

"It is with regret that I must advise you that it has come to my attention that a letter addressed to you together with a copy of your credit agreement has been received by an unrelated third party. This was caused by simple human error at this office. I fully appreciate the upset and distresslink3.gif that this may cause to you and would offer my unreserved apology".

.....Managing Director.

what if any compensation can i demand?

pete

That is most unacceptable. There shouldn’t be any allowance for ‘human error’ in handling such sensitive private information! But then, sensitive info is always being lost by Govt depts all the time :!:

I think a copy of that letter should wing its way to Trading Standards and the Information Commissioner.

Slapdash handling of data should be stamped down on -hard

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Should I tell restons that I am complaining to trading standards and the information commisioner telling them I am furious about this matter. They seem to have no trouble sending all other documents to my address.

I wouldn't bother, I would write back to Restons and say

Due to human error on your part I now wish the case to be closed. I cannot allow a company to treat my sensitive information in such a manner. I really cannot now trust what you are telling me is 100% accurate.

I am complaining to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority about this 'human error'.

Hello Sillygirl, have you had a chance to look through the thread. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?235540-pete-vs-HFC-restons-Now-going-to-Court-need-more-help-please

It took them ages to send me the cca after a lot of ping pong. I still owe quite a bit and am in mail ping pong with hfc about fees, charges etc.

Just an update on this serious issue. I sent a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority who then passed that complaint onto the Legal Ombudsman. The LO have now sent me a seven page form to complete which asks, amongst other things, what I wish to happen now. I will fill this in and send back to the LO and will wait to see what happens. I am back in court next month with hfc/restons and there are still a couple of ppi/cost issues to sort with hfc.