Went through a red light...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We all make mistakes. Every single one of us.

I have driven since the age of 17 and I am an excellent driver.

People who say this tend to be terrible drivers.

By the way, did you know one can be booked for crossing a red light even if an ambulance is approaching behind you?

By the way, did you know that one could enter a defence of necessity. You get these scare stories about people who have been booked. There was one though where it wasn't even necessary for the guy to move for the EV to get through..!

However, I have to disagree with you regarding your driving offences.

What driving offences?

The speeding is being challenged. The red light offence may not have even come to the attention of the police. If you are going to say that people are guilty of offences before they have even been convicted or dealt with in anyway by the police then you may as well call me a bank robber for contemplating a heist at my local HSBC.

Jason King - I wish we were all driving gods like you. Maybe the world would be a better place. It seems though that we will never live up to your standards of never making a mistake ever...

Guest Jason King
We all make mistakes. Every single one of us.

I didn't say I did not make any mistakes.

People who say this tend to be terrible drivers.

I am an excellent driver because my county council have rated me as such. In 5 more years I hope this rises to 'exemplary.'

I won't go into the ins and outs but it is to do with my job, Official Secrets Act, and these ratings are recognised by my council's insurers.

I accurately described myself as an excellent driver. Like it or lump it.

By the way, did you know that one could enter a defence of necessity. You get these scare stories about people who have been booked. There was one though where it wasn't even necessary for the guy to move for the EV to get through..!

Yes I did know that which is why I used the term '...one can be booked...'

What driving offences?

The speeding is being challenged. The red light offence may not have even come to the attention of the police. If you are going to say that people are guilty of offences before they have even been convicted or dealt with in anyway by the police then you may as well call me a bank robber for contemplating a heist at my local HSBC.

Then why do you describe the red light as.......an offence!?:???:

In any case, an 'offence' can still be committed without being convicted of that offence. Ever parked two wheels on a pavement?

Most probably noticed by police yet ignored. Still an offence.

Jason King - I wish we were all driving gods like you. Maybe the world would be a better place. It seems though that we will never live up to your standards of never making a mistake ever...

I don't know where you come to the conclusion that I have never made a mistake.

How does being an excellent driver equate to never making a mistake?:???:

I could drive from Cornwall to Aberdeen and the only mistake I make is that I didn't signal when changing a lane near Birmingham.

That would still be an excellent bit of driving.

Then why do you describe the red light as.......an offence!?

In any case, an 'offence' can still be committed without being convicted of that offence. Ever parked two wheels on a pavement?

Most probably noticed by police yet ignored. Still an offence.

It wasn't so much the use of the word offence. It was the way you made it sound like Bookworm had committed a load of driving offences which is not accurate.

Yes I have parked two wheels on a pavement. Once I even put four (!!) wheels on the pavement.

I don't know where you come to the conclusion that I have never made a mistake.

How does being an excellent driver equate to never making a mistake?

Well Bookworm only made a mistake. Because of this you are suggesting that they should go on driving courses and that their driving was "poor." You say you could fail to indicate and still have a good drive. I consider indicating to be vital - lack of a signal of this kind could cause an accident.

The fact is that we all make mistakes - just because of this does not mean we are "poor drivers" and need to go on courses...

I accurately described myself as an excellent driver. Like it or lump it.

In that case. I would also like to accurately describe myself as an excellent driver as well as a sex god :wink:

Hmm... MightyMouse doesn't exactly equate with "well endowed" in my mind.... So I trust the 69 isn't just the year you were born then..... :lol::razz:

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Guest Jason King

Please, I take no great delight in anybody being punished in Bookworms circumstances.

It appears to be a lack of concentration, can happen to all drivers.

Thankfully nobody was hurt and if I was the law I would genuinely accept this lapse and just advise to be a bit more aware and not punish with a fine and points.

However, the law is not like that so I just hope Bookworms moves on.

Good night.