1st Credit........Are they serious?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well the very fact they mention Mucky Hall in their letter tells you they are on a loser, Muckys only deal in debts nobody else is interested in or stature barred, the only time muckys will see the inside of a court during their collection process is as 'The Defendent'

Just let it lie and see what they come up with

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See also http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?261822-More-wingeing-in-Credit-Today&p=3122236&viewfull=1#post3122236

This is the 'industry' news, telling their members that the OFT want them to tighten up on identifying the correct person before pursuit of a debt.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Having slept on this, I'm beginning to get really angry and frustrated.

Am i being stitched up by 1st credit as they claim i have made payments to "their agents" MacKenzie Hall as recently as 2008?

This is a lie as i have never dealt with either of these company's ever.

They have my name, address and the address of a previous partner as they stated in their original contact letter,

They also state that the "debt" is from 2003, so surely it is statute barred, but with them stating that i made payments in 2008, is that a ploy to stop it being statute barred?

They will not be able to provide any evidence because there isn't any, unless they forge some documents.

Do you think i will hear any more from them?

Thanks Elsa.

I'm torn between writing to them and telling them they have got the wrong person and threatening them with a complaint to trading standards for harassment or just completely ignoring them.

Then again i would be better actually making an official complaint to the OFT although I'm not sure how i would go about this.

I know..it's tempting, but if it was me I would await their next response so you will have more ammunition for a complaint (if they continue to pursue it).

For they moment at least they have acted correctly in putting the account on hold. Let's see if they keep to their word.

Elsa x

Hi Tiddles,

Have you thought about checking your credit file?

It's not unknown for these chancers to trash your credit file even though you aren't the person they are after.

Once they come back and admit their error, I'd raise a complaint with them and report them to Trading Standards

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just a short formal letter:

Dear idiots anonymous,

Re: Alleged account number blah blah

Please supply me with a full statement of the above.

Yours faithfully,

blah blah

(don't sign it, print your name and send recorded delivery keeping a copy with your PO receipt)

:)

They have my name, address and the address of a previous partner as they stated in their original contact letter,

but with them stating that i made payments in 2008, is that a ploy to stop it being statute barred?

They will not be able to provide any evidence because there isn't any, unless they forge some documents.

Do you think i will hear any more from them?

This sounds like your previous partner may have had a finance arrangment with the original creditor and at some stage you were financially linked to them. Perhaps this partner was previously chased by Mucky Hall and they made the payments.

The question is why they are chasing you? Unless your previous partner entered your name on some financial arrangement and signed for you, I can't see that you have anything to do with it.

This could be why the debt is no longer on your credit record. The previous financial association has been found by someone looking at some historic record and they have written to you, because they can't get hold of your previous partner.

Could this be the case?

Wait for the documents from the original creditor and see what the score is? If they don't supply them, ask them for the original creditors reference number, so you can make a subject access request to them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I am thinking of sending them this letter.......Thoughts anyone?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated 6/9/2010.

Your comments are duly noted and copies of all your correspondence will be forwarded along with all my reply’s to the OFT along with a complaint regarding your harassment of myself.

Please read this carefully, I have never held any account or had dealings with Yorkshire bank, your selves or MacKenzie Hall.

You are contacting the wrong person; if you continue to contact me regarding this debt I will take steps via the courts to ensure you no longer harass me for a debt that is not mine.

I am well aware that the OFT are monitoring your business practices and you have been warned about issuing demands for money from people when you are not even certain that the person you are contacting is the correct person.

I note in your letter that you state “You appear to have made repayments as recently as May 2008, via our agents, MacKenzie Hall”

This proves that you have the wrong person, as I have never made any payments to the above named company, or as I suspect the statement you have made is a downright lie.

I suggest you do one of two things now, One is you write to me admitting that you have made a mistake, with a sincere apology for your actions and that the case is now closed or Two, you send me proof in the way of statements to back up your claims.

I suggest you act on option One.

tiddles

Yes I think your letter should be sent by recorded delivery.

I think you should look into whether your previous partner has included you in some financial arrangement, that you know nothing about.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Unclebulgaria,

Thanks for your reply, but i can state with 100% confidence that my girlfriend of many years ago was and still is a very wealthy woman, I'm still in touch with her on a regular basis.

She has never even heard of the word credit, come to think of it, i wish i hadn't let her go!

So that is definately out of the question, i can only imagine they have the wrong person and am certain after receiving my letter they will close the case.

So that is definately out of the question, i can only imagine they have the wrong person and am certain after receiving my letter they will close the case.

Hope you are right but dont count your chickens, these fools would not know if they had the right person if they turned up at their office with passport in hand and said I am Me

• 2 weeks later...

One and the same just another desk in the down stairs lav.

I would challenge the search title utilities, don't think crapnought sell gas , electricity or water.

Connaught do the dirty work for 1st Crud.

Which CRA and under which table is it placed?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

One and the same just another desk in the down stairs lav.

I would challenge the search title utilities, don't think crapnought sell gas , electricity or water.

Connaught do the dirty work for 1st Crud.

Which CRA and under which table is it placed?

Experian, it was done today and the reason for search just says utility.

Sounds like a report to the information commissioners office and OFT as this is totally misleading.

Write or e-mail Experian to query the entry, and a similar bemused letter to Connaught.

The whole group 1ST credit, Connaught,LCS Law & Judge & Priestley seem to be resorting to even more underhand tactics than usual.

Perhaps one of the site team should have a look at this, never seen a DCA use Utilities as a reason for a search.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: