Need urgent advice on a 7 year old debt with hfo services ltd

mwf1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if you have the notice of assignment from hfo back from fos now does it say who the debt has been assigned to? Is it roxburgh or hfo?

Your next step is to send an account in dispute letter to hfo on 8th sept if they have not sent a cca agreement back. It may be worth adding to this letter that you have no record of the payments hfo claim you have made to them, perhaps someone else can advise on this????

Did you send a telephone harassment letter to hfo regarding their phone calls and report to consumer direct/trading standards? They cannot pretend to be solicitors and threaten to freeze your bank accounts. Also update fos and oft with these latest threats as that is what they are. Ignore any calls.

A sar request to the oc may be a good idea - there is a letter on another thread that may be useful, i will find it.

got the orignals back from fos and it was a notice of litigation not assignment.sorry for the mistake.ive updated fos and oft with the latest threats

also updated consumer rights and there are forwarding them to tradeing standards.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As per my previous thread here is SAR request, send with a Postal Order for £10 to BC and sign but crosses through so it cannot be copied.

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[name]

Send to :

BARCLAYCARD

Data Protection Team

Dept LRC

Northampton

NN4 7SG

thank you coledog i will do it first thing monday morning and it specail delivery to bc,but i am guessing i will be in court before 40days. i was going to send off a sar about a week and half ago but a differnt user told me not to.

roxburghe uk limited might be linked. or does it not matter in the eyes of the courts?

They are linked, all part of the concillian group, but only the owner of the debt can bring legal action and that is not HFO, also their are a number of HFO incarnations, the same thing applies,they know this I have it writing signed by them.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

You are a long way from court as yet I think! If you put the account in dispute they have to come up with some kind of agreement and then decide if it is worth taking it to court. You are indicating to them that you are prepared to fight this. Anyway if they do issue a court summons you can ask for time to obtain all the information you need.

Can the others advise on whether it is worth questioning HFO about the payments they have claimed were made 2 years ago??

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

You are a long way from court as yet I think! If you put the account in dispute they have to come up with some kind of agreement and then decide if it is worth taking it to court. You are indicating to them that you are prepared to fight this. Anyway if they do issue a court summons you can ask for time to obtain all the information you need.

Can the others advise on whether it is worth questioning HFO about the payments they have claimed were made 2 years ago??

Thats good im glad its a long way off to court,its great advice ive received from all the users on this site.Hfo just ring on a old phone number what ive had for 10 years,its not my main telephone dont really use it really i might just bar all calls on that number and them there cant ring me at all which will **** them off.I am just getting fed up with them,I guess the letters the hfo send are just templates...

I just hope the FOS letter what there sent to the owner of hfo services will help me!!

what do guys think?

tell them PROVE IT, AND TO SHOW THE EVIDENCE IE PAYING IN SLIP CHEQUE NUMBER OR POSTAL ORDER NUMBER ETC?

ask if it ever gets to court to produce proof that this payment was commissioned by you ...and if not then you would be asking the judge to enter a charge against them of trying to obtain payments from you for pecunary advantage , this alone in my opinion is a crimminal matter and for the POLICE and also TRADING STANDARDS

Good idea to barr calls or just refuse to speak to them.

I have had no dealings with FOS so cannot say how effective they are but my understanding is they tend to side with the financial companies BUT they are not the law. The OFT and trading standards probably have more power to stop illegal practices by DCAs.

In my view, your main problem here are the payments HFO have claimed to have received and I think you should follow Patrick's advice above and ask HFO to send evidence about these. I suspect you will be sending them a letter next week as it is unlikely they will have an agreement.

All DCAs use templates and the letters you get will be the same ones received by me and others on this site. I would normally put these straight in my shredder bag but this DCA have managed to reach new lows through their threats and use of personal data.

donate

i will follow Patrick's advice,any see if there can prove i made these payments.Has i dont recall makeing these payments,also i got a copy of septembers credit report and there have change the address to my current address where i lived here for 19 months. And still on the equifax credit report there are no evidence of any payment in the payment graph that it shows on my credit report.

THANK YOU PATRICK I WILL TAKE THE ADVICE YOU HAVE GIVEN ME.I WILL GET THE LETTERS READY TOMORROW AND SEND THEM FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING....

HFO do not seem to do 'doorstep collection', shame as you have a Rotty, they just send photos of your home.

I am just collecting bits of intelligence that may prove useful - don't worry you will be the first to know but don't want to alert the enemy just yet. Hello guests!

donate

hfo do not seem to do 'doorstep collection', shame as you have a rotty, they just send photos of your home.

I am just collecting bits of intelligence that may prove useful - don't worry you will be the first to know but don't want to alert the enemy just yet. Hello guests!

sorry for keep bothering you coledog but orginally i requested the cca agreement by email at first and there said there wont be able to get it until 4 weeks,so i requested it still in writeing by post. I dont email them anymore just rather let them send me letters through the post,has there cant ring me anymore.

CAN IT TAKE 4 WEEKS FOR THEM TO GET IT? OR WILL IT TAKE 4 WEEKS ON A WAITING LIST TO MAKE A FAKE CCA

Edited by mwf1982