Asda Iron In wrong packaging

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with iron's being in wrong packaging, i bought an Philips Iron from Asda and when i opened the packaging there was an ASDA iron inside and when i complained to ASDA they said i was lying and would not offer me my money back or even exchange it for the Philips Iron that i orignally paid for !

so now i'm stuck with and Ada Iron for which i've paid £34.97 instead of £9.99.. has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

i'd be really interested to see if i'm the only one that it's ever happened to ?

:|

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with iron's being in wrong packaging, i bought an Philips Iron from Asda and when i opened the packaging there was an ASDA iron inside and when i complained to ASDA they said i was lying and would not offer me my money back or even exchange it for the Philips Iron that i orignally paid for !

so now i'm stuck with and Ada Iron for which i've paid £34.97 instead of £9.99.. has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

i'd be really interested to see if i'm the only one that it's ever happened to ?

:|

Im guessing someone else has swapped out the correct iron to buy the asda iorn at the reduced price.. not you fault and not asd's fault.

however i know that the store refund regulations have changed over the last 6 months (asda collegue myself)

best bet would to contact asda house:

Registered Office:

Asda House

Southbank

Great Wilson Street

Leeds

LS11 5AD

or the service team : 0844 481 5000 (dont have local rate no sorry)

tbh most manager are quite forgivving and im sure this has happened many a time across many a store

Hi Billie

Thanks for that, but the manager of this store is definitly anything but forgiving accusing me of cheating asda by giving them an Asda Iron instead of the Philips Iron !

i have no way of proving that i have bought and paid for a philips iron and received an Asda one and he's not willing even believ that Ada could be wrong .. so it's definitly me trying to get baak £34.97 for a 9.99 iron .. don't know what to do :o(

I thought same as above, someones been naughty leaving you with wrong product in wrong packaging. Surely the store must apprecaite this goes on. Read the news a while ago where some cheaky thieving bods were putting high quality power tools in diy store other boxes, they got caught. I would ask asda to look into wether cctv is in the area which could prove you just took box off shelf if they disagree with you.

As it is I think they should use common sence and refund you or at least give you the product you wanted xxxx

as others have said.

give asda house a call / letter

if you call ask if the call is (can be recorded) and get a reference for the call. they may be able to advice better & get cctv foottage.

worst case for asda they should offer you an apology and gift card to the value if not the correct product, and the loss will just go down in the theft budget

best case for asda they find the culprit

unfortunately its a touchy subject it seems.. after all before the new refund and exchange procedure came in you could practically bring back anything to asda,,

i know in my store its not been unknown for asda branded vodka to be returend opend (drank) and filled with water for it to be stated as a poor quality good..

seems to be a get tainted with the same brush issue... tho do put a complaint in for the way you were treated and complained to..

• 1 month later...

*Very simple to solve. Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, there is a reverse burden of proof. E.g, if something you open is not as described i.e asda iron instead of philips then they have to prove that it was a philips iron in the box when they sold it to you. S.13 of the aforementioned Act states that goods must correspond with the description. Go kick their ass!

*All my advice is given without prejudice.

Edited by Last Of The Time Lords

LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

'real world' legal and retail experience too

• 2 weeks later...

Ah now you should realise the effect of those thieving scroats that do this at large retailers, ASDA, Tesco and B&Q. They just swap boxes and buy a branded item for the same price as a value one.

Shoplifting or theft I call it. Unfortunately, another innocent shopper has been caught up this time.

Never mind, pop over to the RLP section and read how JC can get them off if they are caught.

Hammy :-)

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

hammy stop being a cynical bar steward and realise that alot of people targetted by rlp are incorrectly targetted

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: