fredricson int formerly B Carter & Flint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im new to all this so please bare with me lol

For the last 3yrs my husband has been paying a monthly sum to B Carter & Flint, we are not totally sure wot it is for as it was along time ago but think it cud possibly be Additions catalogue:confused: We have just checked our bank statement and have noticed that they are now called fredrickson int!!

So, just to be curious we googled them and this site came up. We hav been reading through the other threads to do with these people and it seems that not only did B Carter go out of business in 2007 ( 3yrs ago wen we started paying them ) that other people have had alot of trouble with fredrickson!!! We have now cancelled the DD as we dont really know who exactly we have been paying or if we still actually owe any more money??

I have an awful feeling we have been scammed out of a possible £2000 and from what i have read about fred, i'm not willing to lose anymore money!:x

If anyone has any information on what i shud do, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Brian Carter is a so called solicitor who works hand in hand with Fredricksons

He has not gone out of business.

You need to send a CCA request to Fredricksons they should in reply send you a copy of the credit agreement relating to this alleged debt and also a statement of account. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Send with a £1 postal order and post recorded delivery and do not sign it.

They have 12+2 days to comply with the request, if they do not then the account will be in dispute and you can if you wish legally withhold payment.

They should have sent you statements periodically to show the state of the account.

I would cancel Direct Debit as they may decide to take extra money and set up online bill payment or a standing order that way you have total control.

Post up on this thread what ever you get back removing personal identifiers and you will be advised further

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

typical story

what nice little fleecers.

wait for the letter that will say, you have cancelled your DD and we want the money you owe us.

i can see the scene now, the little junior fleecer quickly making up a fictious statement sheet including interest and charges [which they are not allowed to do] to send to you to prove you still owe then money.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...