Capquest sending Statutory Demand..help please -**SD set aside**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SAR and CCA request sent off this morning via 1st class recorded.

Let's see what reply i get or if i get one in the first place. Although teh SAR will be far too late, as they have 40 days to comply.

I think even the CCA will be pretty close to the 18 days i only have to set aside. So i better get started looking at these forms to fill out now.

Mind Boggles :(

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Help please.....i think i'm in deep Poo! :(

Have trawled through all my paper work and have found the form they sent me regarding my CCA request in 2008.

And it looks eligible to me, although there were no T&C's with it.

I think i'm totally screwed now! :((

I will post it here in a sec, just trying to upload it

I'm sorry.....i got my head mixed up.....i meant, it looks fine to me, meaning valid.

Not sure how and where or why i signed it.....but i do not know what to do now :(

I'm still trying to upload it. It seems to small to read at the moment.Will try again right now

are you sure its eligible..that means totally unreadable..

No, not quite ;), totally unreadable would be illegible. :p

ok, seems still too small.Got it scanned as a pdf aswell, but don't know how to erase my details out of it.

So will try Photobucket instead.

ShopDirectCCA.jpg

I don't want to get your hopes up too much, but you might try and get some opinions on the interest rates given on the form. AIUI, APR is not a prescribed term, but the actual interest rate is.

The interest rates quoted on the form appear to be daily rates so I'm not sure whether or not you could argue that they have not been sufficiently or correctly stated in order to comply. If so, that would mean a prescribed term was missing, rendering the agreement irredeemably unenforceable.

In my view, a daily rate gives you no idea of the actual interest rate you'd pay over the course of a year for example, and might be considerably different from the APR quoted. Why should you be expected to be able to work it out from a daily rate?

Cheers

Rob

Thanks Rob,

i'll see if i can get one of the Site Teams attention then.

I am totally baffled and had one hell of a sleepless night. Not sure why the big man up there is doing all this crap to me this year (had several bereavements, Husbands Jobloss and so on). I just don't know how much more i can take to be honest :(

But then, this case is totally my fault and i will have to find a way out of it.

Wouldn't it be a good point to argue that there are Charges on the account and also, shouldn't they only claim the Arrears and not the whole balance (plus the charges that are still on there) as it seems??

I wished i would have carried on with the charges claim in 2008, i got up to the Letter before Action and never filed....due to money and other problems.

Just another of my big mistakes in life!

Not sure how i missed to mention this letter (just shows you how messed up my head is right now).

This was a weird offer they made me, and maybe i should have took it, would have certainly saved me all tihs mess i'm in now:

CapquestOffer0001.PDF

Edited by jellybabe

Not sure how i missed to mention this letter (just shows you how messed up my head is right now).

This was a weird offer they made me, and maybe i should have took it, would have certainly saved me all tihs mess i'm in now:

I had an identical (different amounts) letter, and one or two others in a similar vein, but ignored them all.

I didn't think it was worth amusing them with a reply.

Cheers

Rob

You appear to have a lot of assistance, but I will move you to the legal forums anyway. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks,

it isn't completely made up of charges, i think, but a lot of them.

There were deff over £400 (including interest) in charges on there when i first started the reclaim process (which i didn't carry on in the end), and that was in 2008. So it would have amounted to a lot more by now.

well that is enough to dispute what you actually owe...and get it set aside...in your affadavit you need to put you believe that the debt is made up of unlawful excessive charges that you are in the process of claiming back and for that reason you require this to be set aside as the amount owed is not a true reflection of the debt

pop in "set aside" in the search engine at the top of the page and you will get lots of posts/threads which you have a look at which should help you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi all,

Just searched around and am still baffled. Not helping much that i am German and am not too sure about all these legal wordings.

But i will give it a go.

Probably a stupid question....is there any way i can edit the pdf forms for the set aside, as i can't input anything on them?

Or is there a form in a different format somewhere around, like open office or wordpad??

Thanks

Probably a stupid question....is there any way i can edit the pdf forms for the set aside, as i can't input anything on them?

Or is there a form in a different format somewhere around, like open office or wordpad??

Thanks

You can find forms 6.4 and 6.5 in Word format (.doc) at this link;

Forms

Cheers

Rob