Deep doodah with Natwest loan and O/D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Just got a letter from NatWest saying our offer to pay token amount towards loan £4328.50 and O/D £5179 is unacceptable and issuing formal default notices before being passed to recoveries department.

We have tried to keep this bank going but just can't do it any longer.

The loan is in my OH's name and the O/D account is a joint account but they seem to have it all in my OH's name.

Has anyone any experience with NatWest issuing bankruptcy orders, or are they likely to look for an arrangement? They always seem to be very hard nosed. "We can't make an arrangement because you couldn't pay it" was one comment.

The loan was taken out 31/1/07.

We also have a business account with NatWest which is now dormant with no owings, and set up parachute accounts elsewhere.

Fighting the panic and grateful for your comments.

Rocky

Rocky

Well they can refuse your 'unacceptable' payments all they like, if that is really all you can afford to pay back each week/month then that is all you need pay them, a Judge wouldn't make you pay more than you could afford.

Keep everything in writing unless you can record your phone calls, as you will have no evidence of their lousy customers service skills.

Do you own any property or have any assets?

If so it might be likely that they will go for a charging order on your property rather than BR?

Personally I would just set up a standing order to pay them the amount you said you would and they refused to accept, thereby in the eyes of a Judge it will be seen more favourably than not making any attempt to pay them at all.

Others will be able to give you more advice and support, will keep an eye out,:wink:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Smae, Rocky:)

I don't have experience of NatWest but I'm sure someone who has will be along soon.

In the meantime, deep breaths - don't let 'em get to you - the hardest thing in the world is not to panic - but their objective is to make you feel bad - and that's the first thing you have control over (I say, having to work at it all the time myself!!!:-D). Don't let those lovely:rolleyes: people from the bank grind you down.

Take care & hwyl fawr

H.x

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

No property or assets to speak of. Lots of debts and not much income.

With them treating the two accounts together, I guess I will have to wait for the default notices and then the recovery people to tell me how to make payments?

They also paid themselves a lot last year for bouncing the loan even though I had made an agreement for a temporary extension to the O/D and I will be seeking to get the amount reduced. (need to try and remember the detail).

Rocky

Rocky

With them treating the two accounts together, I guess I will have to wait for the default notices and then the recovery people to tell me how to make payments?

Can you just clarify this?

Have they added your OD debt with that of the loan?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi........1st move CCA Natwest for a copy of the original signed agreement for the Loan account,you might get lucky and they cant produce the same.As Baz.B states clarify that they have not put the 2 accounts under 1 heading.It is my experience that they do this but actually keep the accounts still separate,you cant CCA for a bank account.Do you have statements for both accounts,if not you also need to SAR Natwest for accounts going back 6 years and claim back charges on the bank account..will look out for your reply............FS......then we can help further......????

If you SAR them then they should provide ALL data they have regarding your account with them, and not just the last six years, this is a tactic they normally use to try and fob you off from recovering unfair charges beyond this period..

Hi all, thanks for your replies.

Nw haven't added the accounts together, just listed them in a letter to OH.

The two accounts are listed: Personal loan £4328.50 DR

and Current plus £5170.27 DR.

I have the original agreement for the loan which was January 2007.

current plus OD goes back years.

Letter says can't accept offer, but we want to assist you so phone this number. (my speak).

I am challenging some other debts, AIC/Wescot/CL finance, but I am a bit wary of Nw. OH is not very understanding!

Rocky

Rocky

Letter says can't accept offer, but we want to assist you so phone this number.

So in 'assisting' you they refuse your offer of payment!:-x

Ridiculous!!!!

Just set up a S/O with the amount you have offered them, and pay it that way until you can recover any charges they may have applied to the account, then 'IF' they were foolish enough to attempt legal action, they would look very stupid in front of a DJ, as you would only be paying them what you can realistically afford.

Hi,

Latest letter from NatWest says:

"funds have become available from the servicing account and a transfer has now been made to the loan for the missing payment (and put the overdraft up by £197 - they must have upped the limit haven't notified me of charges yet).

"Please make sure cleared funds are available in the servicing account the day before payments (loan) are due."

"Please call at the local branch to discuss your situation and how we may be able to help you further".

Is this legal, and how do I stop Natwest Peter robbing Natwest Paul and charging me?

They played games last year by paying the loan and charging me for going over the overdraft limit even though they had agreed to raise the limit when I tried to stop the loan.

I am getting cross. They seem to be ignoring our letter of hardship and offer of repayment. The loan would be covered by a CCA which may or may not be enforceable but the overdraft could be more easily enforced perhaps?

Grateful for advice as I am still a bit lost with this one.

Rocky

Rocky

I kind of had the same issue with Nat West.

I sent them a letter, along with an I & E statement, to show what I was able to pay, as I was trying to deal with it myself rather than going through CCCS. At first they said no, so I resent the letter and they accepted it.

I also changed my bank account, so money went into a a different bank account.

Unfortuantely that is the only way to stop them from offsetting money from one account to another, which they are legally allowed to do.

You will have to open up another bank account with a seperate banking group to stop them doing this again.

With regard to an I & E, they are not entitled to this information, and know that full well. Only a judge is entitled.

Your I & E is your own personal information, and deals with YOUR money, and as such it really is YOUR decision as to how much you can afford.

Make sure that whatever you pay (never mind them saying not acceptable - tough) remember that this may well be a long term commitment and you will need to make these payments on a regular basis, so don't struggle and make them too high.

Have had dealings myself, just ignored them, and nearly SB now.

• Haha 1