Motoring offence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently in an accident with another driver. I had come out of a small turning with some cars blocking my line of sight and the other driver on the main road had not seen me pull out.

My car wasn't damaged much, his car had a few marks. Thinking the accident was my fault I apologised and we traded details. A week later I heard the driver was suing me for personal injury from the crash. He had been perfectly fine after the accident as it was only a slight touch and I don't think I should be in this situation however because I stated it was my fault from the offset I can't go back on my word.

I'm not sure what to do about the road accident personal injury claim and am not sure who to turn to. I heard from my uncle that McKeowns solicitors had delt with his personal injury claim well and wanted to know if anybody ahd experienced a similar experience and what exactly I'm meant to do in this situation.

Have you not reported it to your insurance company? You should have. Ifyou haven't done that yet, do it now and inform them of all the circumstances particularly that you dispute that there was any personal injuries sustained by either party.

I had one a few years ago involving my wife who had a minor bump in acarpark, which generally like it or not ends up as a 50/50 so was resigned to it affecting my NCB. However, there were some details on the 3rd party's claim form that didn't ring true so we advised our company that we believed they were submitting a fraudulent claim. Surprisingly we heard nothing more about the accident and didn't loose any no claims discount. :)

Can I ask why the thread is called 'Motoring Offence'? Have you been charged with any offence?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

I can't go back on my word.

So you feel obliged to a toe-rag with a toe-rag solicitor who is just out for money they are not entitled to.

If this goes ahead, make sure you see the full hospital report and all the paperwork associated with it.

There too many of these bogus whiplash claims and backstreet solicitors ready to rip people off.

Always useful to add that when you're being 'sorry' you are sorry for them being inconvenienced or feeling unwell, it isa NOT an admission of liability, so you should be aware of this... and not be railroaded into being a cash-cow for a litigous motorist.

Not forgetting your insurance company's standing advice that liability should never be admitted at the scene of an accident, even if you think it was your fault. You should simply have said "that you will report it to your insurance company and they will be in touch".